Clio Area High School is a public school located in Clio, MI. It has 939 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B124 Students
- C112 Students
- A110 Students
- B-97 Students
- B92 Students
- A+71 Students
- B+55 Students
- B+52 Students
- B-47 Students
- B44 Students
Living in the Area
- Cost of LivingA-
- Good for FamiliesC+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Clio Area High School
- D+Clio Community High School
- Clio Area School District, MI
- 1 review
- B-Vassar Senior High School
- Vassar Public Schools, MI
- 30 reviews
- CMillington High School
- Millington Community Schools, MI
- 57 reviews
- BSwartz Creek High School
- Swartz Creek Community Schools, MI
- 211 reviews
Clio Area High School Reviews
Clio Area High School was/is a range of things. Their options for classes are above average to the nearest schools, offering Ap, Honors, and doubling up, while others provide their basic classes. Yet, through all of this, Clio has one major issue...favoritism. Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with liking some students over others, it’s natural. We all like some people over others. This, though, has become a major problem. Talented players don’t play because their parents aren’t on school board and our smartest students don’t get noticed because they aren’t part of the high school clic. Even our student congress members get slandered by the adults who run the school. Clio is good, not great. Most of the teachers there are amazing, bring the opportunity to talk to them about anything. The staff is okay too. It’s the issues discussed that is holding Clio back from becoming a great school.
Clio is a great district and the highschool really brings it all together. It has a great environment and the teachers care about all of their students. Everyone is given equal opportunities. What I like most about this school is their different academic choice varieties for students. They offer honors and AP classes as well as dual enrollment and GCI.
For the most part the teachers care about students and try their best to create a positive learning environment. If I could change anything I would change the communication. There is a huge lack of communication between administration and the students, parents and community.