Clinton High School is an above average, public school located in Clinton, NC. It has 899 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
Clinton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+182 Students
- A+135 Students
- B+134 Students
- A+121 Students
- B-78 Students
- B+75 Students
- B74 Students
- A-68 Students
- C+67 Students
- B-63 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Clinton High School Reviews
Clinton High School is a high school based in Clinton,North Carolina. What I liked most about Clinton High School is that no matter who the student was,no matter their race, ethnicity, or background they wanted us to succeed in our education. All of the teachers, staff, and administration pushed every student to strive to do their best in school because it would help us in the long run. All of the Clinton staff had a smile on their face every morning when I would walk into school. This gave me and my peers a positive outlook on us having to wake up very early and go to school. What I would like to change about Clinton High School is the way we approach bullying. Bullying is a real thing in every school no matter what. We have had many approaches to end bullying including having a Be Nice Club, which I was apart of. Though I feel like this club had a huge impact at my school, I feel as though Bullying is still a problem. Clinton High School is an amazing school to go to. Go Horses!
Living in a small town, there is a plethora of advantages as well as disadvantages. One of the main advantages is the connections I have made at my school. My favorite aspect of Clinton High is the ability for students to get as much or as little one on one time with teachers. I hope I can find these connections with my professors in college. One thing, however, that I would change about Clinton High is the availability of resources to the students. The small amount of funds make providing for the students difficult, but I feel like there should be a better way to ensure students are getting what they need.
CHS has many opportunities that allows each student to find their passion or desire and continue it. I like how we have so many different clubs that fits in with our likes and interests that benefit us in the future and prepare us for college. Our classrooms are small enough to know everyone by name and make personal connections with classmates, teachers, and staff which makes learning easier. Our school spirit is one of my most favorite things about CHS, we have so much pride and love for each of our teams...Dark Horse Nation is strong in education and on the football field!