Clinton High School is a public school located in Clinton, IL. It has 610 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+37 Students
- A+32 Students
- C+27 Students
- B-22 Students
- B-22 Students
- B17 Students
- A-16 Students
- B15 Students
- B12 Students
- B10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Clinton High School
- BHeyworth Junior/Senior High School
- Heyworth Community Unit School District No. 4, IL
- 48 reviews
- BWarrensburg-Latham High School
- Warrensburg-Latham Community Unit School District No. 11, IL
- 41 reviews
- B-Argenta-Oreana High School
- Argenta-Oreana Community Unit School District No. 1, IL
- 21 reviews
- CDeLand-Weldon High School
- Deland-Weldon Community Unit School District No. 57, IL
- 4 reviews
Clinton High School Reviews
The school is overall pretty average. The teachers complain about being at school if it's been awhile since a break. I also feel like there's not many opportunities or options for students who actually have the ambition and drive to go to a large university straight out of high school. There aren't many college-prep classes or classes that are taught at an advanced pace. The school offers AP Lit and AP Calc, but no other AP options. Many other schools offer MANY more AP options. Not that it's as important as the education, but the food definitely leaves something to be desired. Also, the only sports team that gets recognition is the football team and they win 2 games per season. It's ridiculous.
The most popular extracurricular opportunities are all athletics. This school does have clubs such as choir, jazz band, theater, band, and scholastic bowl. The band is very popular at this school, as is theater, however, with the low population of students, the other clubs are not as popular. For the amount of students Clinton High School has, there are plenty of extra curricular opportunities for every student to get involved in.
I had a handful of outstanding teachers while attending Clinton High School, however towards the end of my high school career, many of these outstanding teachers either moved to other schools or retired. Clinton High School seems to be struggling to fill those spots with reliable and professional teachers. In return, the students are not receiving the highest of education possible.