Clifton High School is an above average, public school located in Clifton, TX. It has 302 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Clifton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+41 Students
- B40 Students
- B39 Students
- A+33 Students
- A-32 Students
- B+29 Students
- A20 Students
- A16 Students
- B+13 Students
- C11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Clifton High School
- B+Meridian High School
- Meridian Independent School District, TX
- 22 reviews
- BValley Mills High School
- Valley Mills Independent School District, TX
- 44 reviews
- B-Cranfills Gap School
- Cranfills Gap Independent School District, TX
- PK, K-12
- C+Morgan School
- Morgan Independent School District, TX
- PK, K-12
- 5 reviews
Clifton High School Reviews
The school was a very conservative school overall not allowing much room for diversity or sexuality. Many of the top students were only top students due to cheating their way there for years upon years. If you have a mental illness, good luck here because it seems they do not really seem to care. They will force you to go to pep rally's despite being claustrophobic and having very bad anxiety. Good things about the school include the prep for college and the fact that they allow you to take dual credit courses. The food was also pretty decent food even if you are an overly picky eater like me. The faculty was about half/half on who actually seemed to care about the students. Sports are very huge at this school. If you are into acting, it is fun here but for the longest time we had no resources whatsoever to help us theatre kids out. There are not many extracurricular to choose from, most are focused around sports and community service so if you're into that, then you'll love it here.
Over the last three years, I have been able to build relationships along with my peers, teachers and the awesome administration, by doing this I have had the awesome pleasure of being Club President of the Photography club during the 2016-2017 school year, and being apart of the yearbook team at the high school where I have been able to further explore my interest in Sport photography and my schools spirt. I am now realizing that my time here at the school is coming to an end, and I am trying to get my career plan set and the school has done an awesome job to help me get there from the first time when I walked into the school as a freshman, and I believe with time I think I can reach the goal that I set years ago in the next year, with the help from CHS
What I really enjoy about Clifton High School is that because it is a smaller school, everybody knows one another. Whether it’s the faculty or the students. There we are all one and that is what’s great. Something I would like to see change would be more extracurriculars such as soccer, dance, etc. although I do realize that we do not have the money for those things, it would be nice to have other options.