Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Clifton High School is an above average, public school located in Clifton, TX. It has 282 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Clifton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+62 Students
- B-57 Students
- B51 Students
- A+46 Students
- A-39 Students
- B+37 Students
- A32 Students
- A20 Students
- B-15 Students
- B+15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Clifton High School
- BMeridian High School
- Meridian Independent School District, TX
- 27 reviews
- B-Valley Mills High School
- Valley Mills Independent School District, TX
- 47 reviews
- B-Cranfills Gap School
- Cranfills Gap Independent School District, TX
- PK, K-12
- 2 reviews
- B-Morgan School
- Morgan Independent School District, TX
- PK, K-12
- 5 reviews
Clifton High School Reviews
Clifton High School has a very strong Agricultural and Mechanics, Criminal Justice, and FCLA. I've learned a lot more than I would ever dreamed of and for as small of a town it is. I'd compare it to when I lived in Houston. I wish the school leaned more into the technological field such as Computer science. Although does greatly where it is today! The teachers are extremely nice and understanding of each individual students' situation in life and sets personal beliefs aside to create a welcoming environment for every student that enters it's doors.
Overall Clifton High School is a great school to graduate from. Clifton has many different opportunities and many different classes to take. Clifton try's to make every student the best they can be. Clifton High School does't just make everyone smarter, but Clifton try's to make every student a better student. They try and prepare you for college and for life. Clifton isn't just looking to get you into college, but to make you the best person you can be.
The school was a very conservative school overall not allowing much room for diversity or sexuality. Many of the top students were only top students due to cheating their way there for years upon years. If you have a mental illness, good luck here because it seems they do not really seem to care. They will force you to go to pep rally's despite being claustrophobic and having very bad anxiety. Good things about the school include the prep for college and the fact that they allow you to take dual credit courses. The food was also pretty decent food even if you are an overly picky eater like me. The faculty was about half/half on who actually seemed to care about the students. Sports are very huge at this school. If you are into acting, it is fun here but for the longest time we had no resources whatsoever to help us theatre kids out. There are not many extracurricular to choose from, most are focused around sports and community service so if you're into that, then you'll love it here.