Clifton High School is an above average, public school located in Clifton, NJ. It has 2,887 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 39% in reading.
Clifton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B375 Students
- A300 Students
- A-181 Students
- B175 Students
- B+152 Students
- A-143 Students
- A-135 Students
- A+133 Students
- B-128 Students
- B113 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.40 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 123 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.59 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.75 responses
Clifton High School Reviews
Clifton High School is a great school in my opinion. No school is perfect, but this comes really close. I've been to many schools, and as a senior at this school, it's been my favorite. The teachers are active and energetic, classmates are participating, and the environment is also supportive. If I were to change something, it'd most certainly be the college readiness. This school does indeed give challenging classes and hard courses, but as far as getting me ready for college, I'm not sure. Such as SATs and standardized tests, you are on your own. I would highly recommend this school for your child though. Amazing experience!
It's a small school but every teacher has big hearts! I do not want these 4 years to go by too fast. Seeing these teachers and staff always make my day no matter what class! Everyone gets along very well and there are plenty of extra curricular clubs to get involved with! Our sports teams are dedicated and timely! We win as a team and celebrate as a family! We may be small, but we are all a big family!
I was very fortunate to get my diploma at CHS. My experiences while I was attending from freshmen to senior year was very fun. In addition, the teachers were very helpful and fun. They want everybody in the class to participate and pass the class. One of the best teacher that I will never ever forget is Mrs. Landesberg; she was very patient and she always motivate her students about pursuing our dreams. Furthermore, CHS is a very neat high school and the security is incredible including the security who are patrolling around the school, plus the cctvs. Ultimately, if the time ever restarts, I will not have any doubt and attend CHS once again! 👍