Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Cleveland High School is a public school located in Cleveland, OK. It has 519 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Cleveland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A101 Students
- A66 Students
- B50 Students
- C+37 Students
- A37 Students
- C29 Students
- B+29 Students
- B-28 Students
- C+27 Students
- B+24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Cleveland High School Reviews
Cleveland High School is arguably the best school around. It is in the small town of Cleveland, Oklahoma. Our school campus is beautiful and not too big. The teachers from K-12 set you up for success from "Meet the Teacher" night in your kindergarten classroom to when you're walking the stage on graduation night. Cleveland has some very notable alumni as well including Billy Vessels, a University of Oklahoma Heisman trophy winner. Although attending school in Cleveland is a great idea, there are a few things we could approve like more outdoor seating during lunchtime and an updated high school gym.
Personally, CHS has taught me just enough. I’ve learned what I need to know, but nothing more. The school itself isn’t a bad place, most of the faculty is super nice and do a good job at keeping the school in line. Although there are some teachers that don’t seem to care that much, it’s easy to see that they make the effort to help the students when they need to. Not all the teachers push the limits, but not all of them want to deal with the attitudes of the students. I think if there were more kids willing to learn, it could be easier for everyone.
I like that my high school is very active in clubs and organizations. Administration tries to make sure everyone is included in every opportunity possible. The only real problem that I have noticed at our school is the food. They will run out of food before everyone is served. A handful of kids will have to go without eating. It’s almost a first come first serve kind of technique. There food has been overcooked and undercooked when it has been served. I have received rotten milk and ranch previously throughout my four years just at the high school. I wish they could at least attempt to fix it.