Cleveland High School is a public school located in Cleveland, MS. It has 595 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Cleveland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-93 Students
- A-87 Students
- A-62 Students
- B+46 Students
- C+41 Students
- B-27 Students
- C+23 Students
- C+23 Students
- C19 Students
- C+19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Cleveland High School Reviews
In my personal opinion, I believe that Cleveland Central High School could be a lot better in various ways. Starting in 2017, the two public schools in my hometown were combined. Unfortunately, this caused traditions and many other things to disappear without any knowledge or care on how the students being affected would feel. The education has gotten better over the years; although, in state tested classes such as English and Biology, our teachers are told to teach us to test not to learn.
My experience at Cleveland Central High school was decent.I liked how I have had help from the teachers and principals.I also love the announcements and the Wolfpack News.What I think should be changed is the school spirit/support of the football team,the school functions,and the way the substitute teachers are trained to do their job.What I would like to improve(added) to my school is more pep rallies,more entertainment and enjoyment from the majorettes,the band,and basketball games.Also,more help from the 12th grade counselor in order to pave our way for colleges and success.The question I am asking is where the extra help and enjoyment outside of school life with school events? Cleveland Central High School is a school that is mostly on an average level when it comes to behavior and education,even though they are some bad things going on inside and outside of the building.
I like that the teacher's were very passionate about helping student's understand the material. I also really enjoyed the marching band. Being a part of the marching band made me feel like I belonged somewhere and it helped me make friends. I would like to see more diversity of teachers there. While attending Cleveland High School, I only had one African American teacher. I would also see more school spirit. Pep rallies and other social events didn't have much student interaction while I attended there.