Cleveland Heights High School is a public school located in University Heights, OH. It has 1,709 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
2181 Miramar Blvd
University Heights, OH 44118
Cleveland Heights High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B217 Students
- B198 Students
- A+183 Students
- A-159 Students
- A127 Students
- B112 Students
- B-107 Students
- A+84 Students
- C+83 Students
- B64 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.48 responses
Schools like Cleveland Heights High School
- B-Brush High School
- South Euclid-Lyndhurst City School District, OH
- 313 reviews
- CGarfield Heights High School
- Garfield Heights City School District, OH
- 152 reviews
- CBedford High School
- Bedford City School District, OH
- 250 reviews
- B-Brooklyn High School
- Brooklyn City School District, OH
- 87 reviews
Cleveland Heights High School Reviews
I've been in the Cleveland heights district since the 4th grade and the overall environment that CHUH School District gives is a great environment. Many of the elementary schools are I.B League and the athletics take our students very far including the NCAAP, and AVID which gets students prepared for college as early as the 7th grade. The holiday events to do at the schools for children makes them feel very much at home. The safety for the students is at an all time high and bullying is never tolerated. The school is extremely diverse and very cultural when it comes to have foreign students into foreign language classes as early as elementary!
Heights High has provided me with an incredible academic experience that has prepared me for college and beyond. The school itself is brand new and contains all the resources a student might need. The student body is incredibly diverse, resulting in an incredibly unique experience. The faculty and staff are incredibly helpful and dedicated to seeing you succeed. Heights has programs for any and all students, whether it be STEM or arts. Overall, the culture of Heights coupled with the academics it provides result in a school that provides and overwhelmingly positive experience for the majority of its students.
Cleveland Heights High School is a unique and very special school. It has presented me with countless opportunities, ranging from participating in sports to taking college courses. It is not perfect by any means. Sometimes there are fights and the lunch food leaves room for improvement. But despite that, it is still an amazing school. For a public school, it offers a plethora of AP classes, and has multiple systems in place to help students with their school work. For example, the NHS chapter offers tutoring sessions. Heights truly tries its best to present every student with good opportunities and help them get a diploma.