Cleburne County High School is a public school located in Heflin, AL. It has 651 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 18% of students are at least proficient in math and 40% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B119 Students
- A61 Students
- C+59 Students
- A-51 Students
- A49 Students
- B47 Students
- B45 Students
- B-43 Students
- C+38 Students
- A-26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 33 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Cleburne County High School Reviews
Too much emphasis and focus on Football versus other sports. Football team (positions, playing time, etc.) appears to be controlled by outside sources instead of from head coach. Maybe he has been there too long and doesn't care anymore. May be time for a complete re-haul of coaching staff. Huge lack of sports to participate in. It is a 4a-5a school and only has Football, Basketball, Wrestling, Track and Baseball for male students to participate in. Other smaller area schools offer Golf and Fishing teams. Not all students are athletically inclined. Again this falls back on the Athletic Director (head Football coach). Not a place I would want my children to attend if athletically talented. Coaching staff will keep him down in order to prevent recruiters from looking at them. Have seen it personally year after year after year. The Alumni talk.
I attend Cleburne County HIgh, and I think it is an excellent school overall. Some problems here and there, (like teacher/student drama, etc) . But overall, I think I want my future children to attend this school. It's small, and there is a lot of one on one student/teacher time.
Cleburne County is a pretty good school. There is a lot of emphasis on football, and not many other sports. There is a very good special-ed department, but not for the gifted students. Most student who were "gifted" in elementary school are just left at the normal level instead of getting work that is on their level.