Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade A minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School is a public school located in Clearfield, PA. It has 1,001 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 40% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+160 Students
- grade B114 Students
- grade C+113 Students
- grade A100 Students
- grade B minus99 Students
- grade B minus85 Students
- grade B minus52 Students
- grade A minus45 Students
- grade B minus36 Students
- grade A+33 Students
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responses
- Friday night football26%
- Hanging with friends.22%
- Pep rallies9%
- Going home4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$17,231 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 25 responses
Schools like Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School
- grade C+Philipsburg-Osceola Area High School
- Philipsburg-Osceola Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.3 out of 5 141 reviews
- grade B minusCurwensville Area Junior/Senior High School
- Curwensville Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.96 out of 5 94 reviews
- grade CMoshannon Valley Junior/Senior High School
- Moshannon Valley School District, PA
- Rating 3.17 out of 5 23 reviews
- grade BDuBois Area Senior High School
- DuBois Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.9 out of 5 191 reviews
Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.39 out of 5 153 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Better than the smaller schools in the region since it has access to a greater tax base, this allows for additional services for students with disabilities like speech impediments. Students are provided laptops as soon as they reach grade nine and are required to return them at graduation. One star was taken off due to the teaching curriculum of some teachers being handing out countless packets instead of doing their jobs. Overall, not a bad place to send your children to since rules are usually enforced and some teachers would 'go the extra mile' to help their students with learning a subject.
The Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School is a wonderful school. The students here are very friendly and the staff is willing to help those who need it. The school is very clean and one of the nicest looking schools I have been to. Our athletics are outstanding. We have a great amount of athletes within our school and if the students don't participate in sports, then they are taking part in out music and theater programs. Everyone at our school is always doing some sort of after school activity, and since someone is always staying after school for a purpose, this makes a student like myself feeling safe because you know that if you are staying late for some reason, then you aren't alone because there is always someone else there.
Overall, the Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School contains the average highs and lows for any school district belonging to the traditional American school system. One of the more noticeable issues include scheduling, which has progressively gotten worse over the past several years, it usually involves students not getting the right classes, getting transferred to the wrong ones, and in rare cases, having no classes at all. Some of the teachers do not even bother with teaching and only pass out papers giving kids the highest grades possible without any effort. Plus, the typical idiocy of the students gives rise to many fights, police officers appearing for drug busts, and lack of respect for many of the teachers, which is in part due to the arrogance of some administrators.