Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Clear Lake High School is an above average, public school located in Lakeport, CA. It has 385 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Clear Lake High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+76 Students
- A72 Students
- B-65 Students
- B55 Students
- A+53 Students
- A+52 Students
- A-51 Students
- B+50 Students
- B+49 Students
- B43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 39 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Clear Lake High School
- BKelseyville High School
- Kelseyville Unified School District, CA
- 73 reviews
- B-South Valley High School
- Ukiah Unified School District, CA
- 3 reviews
- NGMendocino County Community
- Mendocino County Office of Education, CA
- 3 reviews
- ARedwood Academy of Ukiah
- Public School
- Ukiah, CA
- 34 reviews
Clear Lake High School Reviews
The academics in STEM are good at preparing you for college, especially the math taught by Mr. Magee. The music program is strong too, with a Recording Technology program and the best band in the county. Safety isn’t that good though. I was electrically shocked twice due to negligence, and there are often very violent fights between students. Overall though, as long as you avoid insulting people, you don’t have to worry about being attacked. I’d say that the strong academics make up for it, especially since the school is going to be implementing new safety measures apparently.
Throughout my years at Clear Lake High School, I had many ups and downs. The teachers were a majority of it. Most of the teachers there are excellent and care about their students and their success. However, there are a few that seemingly are there just to make the lives of many 14-15 year olds incredibly difficult. Hands down the best part of Clear Lake High is the band program. The teacher of the program works incredibly hard and teaches students from 6th grade til 12th if they stick through with the program. Personally, I did band for 6 years and they were some of the most fun times I have ever had. The energy was always incredible and the lessons were always unique, even through all six years. Overall, Clear Lake High School is a fair place for students to learn and grow, and I would definitely recommend if you would like your child to have access to help from their teachers personally.
It was a great high school experience. You grow to know your teachers very closely since it is a very small school. Though I will say this year was very difficult and sad because of the corona virus and some things were very confusing. I think our teachers tried there best but some could've made it a bit less complicated, since online learning is difficult enough. It was very fun getting to spend my years here and they tried very hard to get our class of 2020 at CLHS to walk the stage. For that I will always be very grateful.