Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Clear Lake High School is a highly rated, public school located in Clear Lake, IA. It has 386 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Clear Lake High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A46 Students
- A39 Students
- B34 Students
- B+34 Students
- A-11 Students
- A9 Students
- A8 Students
- B6 Students
- A+6 Students
- B+5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Clear Lake High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Clear Lake High School
- B+Forest City High School
- Forest City Community School District, IA
- 83 reviews
- B+Central Springs High School
- Central Springs Community School District, IA
- 3 reviews
- B-Mason City High School
- Mason City Community School District, IA
- 121 reviews
- BGarner-Hayfield-Ventura High School
- Garner-Hayfield-Ventura Community School District, IA
- 195 reviews
Clear Lake High School Reviews
My experience at Clear Lake High School has been nothing less than mediocre. First of all, our school administration's number one priority is sports. We fund enough to get new football jerseys every single year even though we haven't gone to state in a while. Because sports are such a high priority to Clear Lake High school, there have been teachers who have gotten hired not for their credentials, but based on if they were able to coach a sport or not. We also have such old seats and an asbestos problem in the auditorium. However, the school decided to not use the money to fix these things, but instead on replacing our Chromebooks with newer Chromebooks (even though our old ones were completely fine!) Overall, I think that Clear Lake High School needs to work on their prioritizing skills.
I really enjoyed my experience at Clear Lake High School. I only had positive relationships with my teachers. They were always positive in class and willing to help me outside of class. I loved the sense of community within the school. All grades are genuinely friendly to each other, and many people have friends in all grades. I had a great group of friends throughout high school, but I was always chatting with and having a good time with people out of my friend group.
In four years of schooling at Clear Lake High School, I have had the opportunity to interact with amazing faculty members. The teachers are very cooperative with students and do everything in their power to prepare every student for their future, whether that may include college, trade school, or entering the job market.