Clayton A. Bouton High School is a highly rated, public school located in Voorheesville, NY. It has 396 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Clayton A. Bouton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-24 Students
- A+24 Students
- A+23 Students
- B+22 Students
- A21 Students
- A-17 Students
- A-16 Students
- C+16 Students
- A+15 Students
- A+14 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Clayton A. Bouton High School
- AGuilderland High School
- Guilderland Central School District, NY
- 234 reviews
- A-Shenendehowa High School
- Shenendehowa Central School District, NY
- 244 reviews
- A-Columbia High School
- East Greenbush Central School District, NY
- 160 reviews
- A+Shaker High School
- North Colonie Central School District, NY
- 120 reviews
Clayton A. Bouton High School Reviews
I overall enjoyed my time at vville, especially homecoming, spirit weeks, prom, and my experiences on the sports teams. On the other hand, I wish we had more students, better lunches, and better facilities. Like every high school, it’s more or less fun depending on who your friends are. My outgoing advice is to join lots of clubs and/or sports, they help you make friends!
There are various extracurricular activities that you can be involved in that are harder to take advantage of in other schools. For example, you can join almost any sport without any previous experience and make the team(since we are so small). There are also clubs where you can feel wanted such as the Robotics Club, Key Club, SADD, GSA, Dance Club, Science Olympiad, Blackbird Review, Honor Society, and others. There is a frequent change in administration policy that is annoying, and is starting to become more restrictive. Other than that, most of the teachers are good, and the school is safe to attend.
The teachers are very dedicated to not only teaching the students the curriculum, but also important life lessons and skills, such as taxes. The maintenance staff is good at keeping the school up to date and clean.