Clayton A. Bouton High School is a highly rated, public school located in Voorheesville, NY. It has 402 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Clayton A. Bouton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+18 Students
- A+17 Students
- A16 Students
- A+15 Students
- A15 Students
- C+14 Students
- A+13 Students
- A+12 Students
- A-11 Students
- A+10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Clayton A. Bouton High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Clayton A. Bouton High School
- AGuilderland High School
- Guilderland Central School District, NY
- 221 reviews
- AShenendehowa High School
- Shenendehowa Central School District, NY
- 228 reviews
- A-Columbia High School
- East Greenbush Central School District, NY
- 150 reviews
- A+Shaker High School
- North Colonie Central School District, NY
- 95 reviews
Clayton A. Bouton High School Reviews
There are various extracurricular activities that you can be involved in that are harder to take advantage of in other schools. For example, you can join almost any sport without any previous experience and make the team(since we are so small). There are also clubs where you can feel wanted such as the Robotics Club, Key Club, SADD, GSA, Dance Club, Science Olympiad, Blackbird Review, Honor Society, and others. There is a frequent change in administration policy that is annoying, and is starting to become more restrictive. Other than that, most of the teachers are good, and the school is safe to attend.
The teachers are helpful and passionate about their subject areas, and due to the small amount of students in the school, it is easy to form concrete relationships with them. School-wide initiatives, though created with the best intentions, usually come off as corny and unnecessary. Simpler, more mature approaches to solve problems within the high school would be more effective.
I enjoyed the experienced teaching staff, the courses offered for a small school, and the extensive guidance department that ensures every step of the way that you are prepared for the next step. Someone is always available to help. There is also an extensive club/activity program for a smaller school to keep people involved