Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Claysburg-Kimmel High School is a public school located in Claysburg, PA. It has 401 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Claysburg-Kimmel High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+39 Students
- A+30 Students
- B22 Students
- A19 Students
- B-17 Students
- A-14 Students
- B+14 Students
- B-14 Students
- B13 Students
- C+9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Claysburg-Kimmel High School
- B-Central High School
- Spring Cove School District, PA
- 95 reviews
- B-Chestnut Ridge Senior High School
- Chestnut Ridge School District, PA
- 79 reviews
- B-Portage Area Junior/Senior High School
- Portage Area School District, PA
- 38 reviews
- BPenn Cambria High School
- Penn Cambria School District, PA
- 72 reviews
Claysburg-Kimmel High School Reviews
I enjoy the fact that it's a small school and I know most of the students and most students know me. Academics are rather lacking for a student as advanced as myself, but an okay experience nonetheless. Sports are also rather lackluster, with the exception of the cheerleading, volleyball, and softball teams.
I absolutely love my little town of claysburg! My school has such a comforting atmosphere, the staff are so nice and very help, and the school body is amazing! If I could change something about my school it would definetly be more school spirt!
I loved my high school experience!! Everyone knew everyone and the relationship between teachers and students were great! The one thing I would like to see change is to see the school help more with students testing and see the scores improve. I loved how recently they started teaching students about skills we will need after graduating like how to write a check and other important needs!