Claymont High School is a public school located in Uhrichsville, OH. It has 509 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Claymont High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+62 Students
- B54 Students
- C+53 Students
- B-49 Students
- A-40 Students
- B22 Students
- A-20 Students
- B18 Students
- C+17 Students
- A16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Claymont High School
- B+Tuscarawas Valley High School
- Tuscarawas Valley Local School District, OH
- 62 reviews
- B-Garaway High School
- Garaway Local School District, OH
- 39 reviews
- BIndian Valley High School
- Indian Valley Local School District, OH
- 73 reviews
- B+New Philadelphia High School
- New Philadelphia City School District, OH
- 75 reviews
Claymont High School Reviews
The school is a very welcoming school, always filled with love and support. Claymont knows how to make anyone feel welcomed and loved and always about to lend a hang with anyone. The school always makes sure everyone has meals and take-home packages in case you need food. They have prom and homecoming dress drives to help those in need/can't afford one.
There are many great things to like about Claymont High School. My favorite is how supportive the students and staff are. I feel as if all teachers or staff members are always ready to listen and truly want to see their students go after their goals and succeed. The students here are also very supportive of one another in both, academics and sports.
The students are incredible, and very welcoming. Almost every year we would have a foreign exchange student and each year the students embraced him/her and made them feel very welcomed. Bullying is a minimal issue here, with many students getting along easily or very tolerable of one another. As for cons the new administration is sub par, as the administration has no stake in claymont, or a true passion for the children it often feels like. Many of the students parents are also not happy with much of the new administration