Clay High School is an above average, public school located in Oregon, OH. It has 1,169 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Clay High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B157 Students
- A+92 Students
- B89 Students
- A-48 Students
- A-45 Students
- B44 Students
- A38 Students
- B-34 Students
- A-30 Students
- B28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 65 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Clay High School
- BRossford High School
- Rossford Exempted Village School District, OH
- 86 reviews
- BLake High School
- Lake Local School District (Millbury), OH
- 126 reviews
- BEastwood High School
- Eastwood Local School District, OH
- 78 reviews
- B-Genoa Area High School
- Genoa Area Local School District, OH
- 28 reviews
Clay High School Reviews
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Clay High School. The student involvement and activities were plentiful and helped students to "get out there." We were even voted one of the best student sections in the state! There were various volunteer opportunities provided through clubs and organizations that allowed one to give back to the community. The teachers were also wonderful, most being available before and after school, and really took the time to help struggling students.
I've gone to Clay for my four years of High School. I played soccer, won competitions, met new friends, and learned what I want to do after High school. Clay has given me the opportunity to experience things some kids can't. I shadow at a hospital twice a week and i've gotten the chance to see many surgeries. I have learned CPR and i'm going to be teaching it next week! I participated in HOSA which helped me be able to travel to Orlando, Florida and win first place in internationals. This year i will be traveling to Dallas, Texas. I couldn't explain how much Clay High School has given me opportunities to succeed.
I just wanted to say that u think Clay high school was a great school overall, and my favorite part about being at Clay was the teachers, the food, and one of my favorite classes was culinary arts. It was kinda confusing at first but then when I got to meet the teachers it was a pretty great experience, my parents moved me to that school so i can get a better education then waite school. I loved working with the teachers at multiple times of the day, and when i finally got my diploma it kinda made me sad to know i was leaving although i thought it was a horrible school when I first got there, i got used to so many things and made lots of friends which in all is a great school to be at!