Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Clay Center Community High School is an above average, public school located in Clay Center, KS. It has 312 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Clay Center Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-78 Students
- B40 Students
- A-34 Students
- B32 Students
- B29 Students
- B-28 Students
- B+27 Students
- C16 Students
- B-13 Students
- B10 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 21 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Clay Center Community High School Reviews
Clay Center Community High School is an open school. The staff is made up of some of the most amazing people you will ever meet. They are a part of Redesign and the teachers that are involved in it are committed to making the school a better place for the students. They are working the hardest that they can to create more opportunities for all students to participate in, and they try to get as many opportunities open for all sorts of different people. The teachers are very helpful and are the perfect people for their positions. The staff checks on you if they notice you aren't being yourself. They spend so much one on one time with you. Some teachers will do everything in their power to make you feel loved and wanted and to let you know that you're not alone. The teachers make you feel like you're in one big family, and I think that's a very important quality that all teachers should have.
We have some awesome staff who is always open to help students out. I love having technology access at all times because it makes it super easy to keep track of assignments. Many students treat teachers poorly, and there are some teachers and staff members who don't treat all students fairly.
It’s a normal small town, farming community high school. Teachers and staff are welcoming and supportive of the students.