Classical Magnet School Reviews

Classical Magnet was a good school for what you’ve gotten out of it. The academics where actually solid and competed with surrounding towns for competitiveness. Although we didn’t have tremendous culture, the bonds and connections of this atmosphere really help.
I been at this school for four years and I got to say the longer I've been there the more I feel connected to the students and teachers that I see every school day. One thing that I really like about this school is the learning of english roots from latin because I get to learn about history in a broken language. The is one thing that the school needs to work on is the lunch schedule because everyday is getting more crazy with the cutting of students.
Classical Magnet is a good school that prepares you for college, however, the school is struggling from lack of funding to support its students.
Start Your Review of Classical Magnet School
It’s a pretty decent school, there are some classes that question why you’re taking it, there are some teachers that you question highly what their life descions. I mainly hate how they re-do the schedule every year. Over all it’s under budget but better where I might end up.
Classical Magnet is a great school for students who enjoy theatre and Latin. I enjoyed the diversity I was able to experience and the challenging classes that were available. I would like to see even more diversity and opportunities for students who are interested in other careers and hobbies other than theatre and sports.
I graduated a few years ago. Like many high schools, its underfunded but does try to make the most of what it has. What the school instills in its students is far more valuable than the knowledge from a book; its the idea that you can strive and overcome challenges and roadblocks. We went through several administrative changes even before i reached high school, and our budget was cut several times due to Connecticut's difficult politics. While i cant go into toomuch detail, i can say that the students and teachers who want to make something good happen, will. When they want to host fundraisers, put on shows, sports events, etc., the Classical community comes through.
I chose to go to Classical magnet because the students there are known to go to good colleges. I think that it is great that Classical focuses on college readiness. The work may be challenging, but it is only to prepare us for college. I would like to see people have more school spirit. Since our school has been having many financial troubles, the students have been restricted from things that they want to do.
When I began, I was nervous and alone. However, I quickly made friends throughout my grade. Something good about this school is that there are very few "cliques." I know everyone in my grade. However, there are always the people who cause trouble. It has sadden me lately to see people not care about their academics, which i know in part is the schools fault. The environment is different, middle schoolers are becoming more hectic each year and refuse to be disciplined.
Classical Magnet School was dedicated to the ongoing mission to push students to be the best that they can be. Our motto was "We learn not for school, but for life", and my school represented it well. With our paideia learning and having our teachers always available to us, we had the support we needed to succeed. I am excited to see the growth of Classical in the future.
I enjoyed my time at classical. I started there in the sixth grade and was amazed at the advanced work given to students. Students are college ready by the time they graduate because of the level of work received. Though lack of support has not helped Classical, studnts are still given wonderful curriculum and lots to learn.
This is a school everyone should bring their child because they really prepare the students for college and the real world. The resources are unlimited in that school, you can miss it.
Classical Magnet challenges you in many ways, and allows you to be yourself. It is a very open community and allows for growth in ways other high schools do not allow for. We learn the classics, so we find out information and history from way beyond our time, which helps us to understand how far our society has come. I believe that such a curriculum is crucial to developing a great scholar, which is why I like Classical Magnet so much.
Ever since Sullivan left, the school has been a mess due to the middle schoolers and freshmen acting like they run the school and no one putting them in their place. It has been much better this year since we got a new principal and allot of the bad kids from lower grades left. Regardless, it is a good school to prepare you for college since unless you take ECE classes, all of your classes are honors and it will look good on your college application if you do well enough in your classes.
If you want a well rounded challenging education at a diverse school, Classical is definitely the school to go to. The school motto is "we learn not for school but for life" and they truly follow their values regarding this. I wish they had a bigger art department, but overall it was a great experience.
classical is a great school if you want to strive to be successful in life. it helped me be a better person, and got me to work hard. I thank all the teachers that helped me to the grades I'm getting, I used to be a C- Average, now I'm a A Average. thank you so much classical.
Had a great experience during my seven years at Classical and built family community, through out the years.
I have attended since sixth grade, and I have enjoyed my time. I have connected with lots of my teachers, which is very important to me. I wish budget cuts weren't made, so we could have more teachers and after school programs.
Start Your Review of Classical Magnet School
Do not send your kid to this school if they are smart and of color--it would be a waste of talent in an institution claiming diversity. The principal told me point blank period that her focus is on recruiting white kids and that's what she spends her days working on. The school is completely unsafe, code reds and students under desks, with a volunteer receptionist in the center of Hartford. The kids started calling it WWE shortly after Christmas because of the fights. I can't even let my kid go to an afterschool basketball game. And administration will make no move on any complaint. They'll ignore and pussyfoot around even if your kid is in danger or being bullied. And then retaliate against your child for almost having to do their job. Everyone leaves this school for a reason. They won that best highschool award YEARS AGO.
I think that the teachers and the curriculum at Classical are great, however out lack of funds makes it hard for students to pursue extracurricular activities and enjoy things such as field trips.
I believe that my high school experience did not prepare me for college. Though, we learned the content that was required, hard deadlines weren't pushed and we weren't treated as adults.