Classical High School is a highly rated, public school located in Providence, RI. It has 1,132 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 56% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Classical High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B412 Students
- B-235 Students
- A+176 Students
- A+139 Students
- A+115 Students
- A103 Students
- A-102 Students
- A+90 Students
- B+79 Students
- A74 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.37 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.37 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 170 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.64 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.67 responses
Schools like Classical High School
- C+E-Cubed Academy
- Providence Public Schools, RI
- 82 reviews
- A+East Greenwich High School
- East Greenwich Public Schools, RI
- 136 reviews
- BAttleboro High School
- Attleboro Public Schools, MA
- 291 reviews
- APortsmouth High School
- Portsmouth School District, RI
- 191 reviews
Classical High School Reviews
Best school in the state, very diverse, many opportunities, there is always something to do, variety of clubs, athletic, arts, environmental, etc. People from all over the world, amazing educational opportunities, and traveling!
Classical is very diverse when it comes to the student body. Students are very involved academically and athletically and I have never felt peer pressured at school. There is no discrimination, especially when it comes down to religion. I've met Jewish people, Catholics, Athiests and Jehovahs Witnesses. People are able to express who they are sexually, especially through out LGBT Group. In the group they actually sell "Love is Love" tshirts that other supportive students may purchase. There is also no discrimination against race, I have met people from all over! Transfer students from Spain or even Kurdistan.
Classical High School delivered the education that all students deserve to recieve from their local public school. My experience at classical was an all around great one with no faults besides funding issues. The culture at the school is very inviting and caters to all types of people. From an academic stand point, Classical has the rigorous classes, helpful teachers, and extensive class options that guarantees a students preparedness for college.