Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Classical Academy High School is a highly rated, public, charter school located in Colorado Springs, CO. It has 641 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Classical Academy High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-106 Students
- A-82 Students
- A-76 Students
- B-46 Students
- B42 Students
- C39 Students
- A-39 Students
- A-34 Students
- A+32 Students
- B-32 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Classical Academy High School
- AThe Classical Academy College Pathways
- Academy School District No. 20, CO
- 153 reviews
- A+The Vanguard School Senior High
- Cheyenne Mountain School District No. 12, CO
- 105 reviews
- A-James Irwin Charter High School
- Harrison School District No. 2, CO
- 212 reviews
- AThomas MacLaren School
- Public School
- Colorado Springs, CO
- 42 reviews
Classical Academy High School Reviews
TCA’s Titan Creed focuses on the advancement of character and discipline within the students. This sets my high school apart, for they focus on the morality of the students and character development, while emphasizing the importance of strong discipline, perseverance, honesty, and hard work. TCA convinces students that academic careers are the only way to success; they don’t branch out on other career options. The admin praises students who excel in areas of academics, and prioritizes the needs of students that wish to pursue academic careers such as college or an extension of education, but do not prioritize students who have goals in other directions. My experience at TCA was average because I respect their goals of improving character and working hard to reach success, but because of their strict rules and lack of a wide variety of curriculum, TCA has held me back and kept me from reaching my full potential to explore other career options within life.
I currently attend TCA and graduate in 2022. I would give TCA a "B". This year started well, assignments were assigned, and due at reasonable times. After the first month, in every class I struggled with different problems. In Chemistry the tests started easy but there was a large jump of difficulty from chapters 3-4. In English many big assignments largely affected my overall class grade and not enough small assignments to help me recover. History was taught by giving fact after fact, but the test questions required in-depth thinking and processing that I could not figure out on my own and needed more explaining. Being the first generation from my family to attend school in America, I take grades and education seriously. I tried my best this year and had less than stellar grades. I would like to think my grades are not a reflection of all my hard work but hopefully constructive feedback so that TCA realizes that students like me do try, and do work hard but need more help.
The Classical Academy creates a tight knit community and emphasizes the importance of the individual. They allow each student the support and resources to be successful. Although it is a roughly small school, the environment is very positive. The staff are teachers are very supportive and encouraging. Although they challenge students academically, they are also very helpful and approachable. The ability to shine and be successful is embodied within The Classical Academy. Within the small classrooms, each student is given the opportunity to be heard and voice their opinions. The academics are challenging and push students, but rewarding and helpful in the long run. They provide many ways for students to get involved and have a place within the school. The Classical Academy is an overall great school.