Classical Academy High School is a highly rated, public, charter school located in Colorado Springs, CO. It has 648 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Classical Academy High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B98 Students
- A-70 Students
- A-68 Students
- B-39 Students
- B-38 Students
- C34 Students
- A-32 Students
- A-29 Students
- B27 Students
- A+24 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 31 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Classical Academy High School
- AThe Classical Academy College Pathways
- Academy School District No. 20, CO
- 145 reviews
- A+The Vanguard School Senior High
- Cheyenne Mountain School District No. 12, CO
- 103 reviews
- B+James Irwin Charter High School
- Harrison School District No. 2, CO
- 200 reviews
- A+Thomas MacLaren School
- Public School
- Colorado Springs, CO
- 30 reviews
Classical Academy High School Reviews
TCA’s Titan Creed focuses on the advancement of character and discipline within the students. This sets my high school apart, for they focus on the morality of the students and character development, while emphasizing the importance of strong discipline, perseverance, honesty, and hard work. TCA convinces students that academic careers are the only way to success; they don’t branch out on other career options. The admin praises students who excel in areas of academics, and prioritizes the needs of students that wish to pursue academic careers such as college or an extension of education, but do not prioritize students who have goals in other directions. My experience at TCA was average because I respect their goals of improving character and working hard to reach success, but because of their strict rules and lack of a wide variety of curriculum, TCA has held me back and kept me from reaching my full potential to explore other career options within life.
The Classical Academy creates a tight knit community and emphasizes the importance of the individual. They allow each student the support and resources to be successful. Although it is a roughly small school, the environment is very positive. The staff are teachers are very supportive and encouraging. Although they challenge students academically, they are also very helpful and approachable. The ability to shine and be successful is embodied within The Classical Academy. Within the small classrooms, each student is given the opportunity to be heard and voice their opinions. The academics are challenging and push students, but rewarding and helpful in the long run. They provide many ways for students to get involved and have a place within the school. The Classical Academy is an overall great school.
Classical Academy high school has a great program for students that focuses on college preparedness and academics. This school did a great job at fostering a love of learning for me personally. The school was initially created a little over a decade ago to be centered around a classical way of learning, however, it is no longer like this. I believe if the curriculum incorporated more classical roots the school would teach their students much better than how they do now. The school also needs to decrease in size as often while I was there assemblies would go over fire code for maximum persons because of the student body population. With increase in student size the school gets more money from the state however this decreases quality in education and experience.