Clarkstown South Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-74 Students
- C+62 Students
- A+59 Students
- A-51 Students
- A+42 Students
- A+40 Students
- A+39 Students
- A38 Students
- A-38 Students
- B+37 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 39 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Clarkstown South Senior High School
- A+Clarkstown North Senior High School
- Clarkstown Central School District, NY
- 113 reviews
- AHendrick Hudson High School
- Hendrick Hudson Central School District, NY
- 148 reviews
- A+Northern Valley Regional High School Demarest
- Northern Valley Regional High School District, NJ
- 161 reviews
- AJames I. O'Neill High School
- Highland Falls Central School District, NY
- 81 reviews
Clarkstown South Senior High School Reviews
Review Clarkstown South Senior High School
Clarkstown South High School is definitely an optimal public learning experience. It provides excellent education programs and out of school extra curriculum activities. If there was one thing I would change it would be the time when the first period begins. I understand that it is for the bus schedules so they can get the middle and elementary schools in too, but when you have some students waking up at five thirty in the morning it can lead to a lot of damge over time.
South high school have given me an great high school experience. From fun school events like sports games, to meeting amazing teachers, I have grown immensely over the past 3 years. I have been pushed outside my comfort zone and challenged for the better. I would like to see more overall school spirt and participation among the students.
I have had extensive experience in extracurricular activities. I was on the executive board for our schools DECA chapter, I was a varsity cheerleader for four years and captain of the team for one, I played softball and I also joined clubs like the Italian Club to celebrate my heritage, and the Assets Leadership club. There are so many opportunities and a place for everyone when it comes to extracurriculars. There are fun options like art clubs and bowling clubs and there are academic driven clubs like Mu Alpha Theta. One thing thats cool about this is that since everyone is so close with their friends, when one person joins a club usually everyone gets involved. There is alot of positive influence.