Clarkstown North Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in New City, NY. It has 1,382 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Clarkstown North Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A103 Students
- A92 Students
- A+76 Students
- A-72 Students
- A66 Students
- A+62 Students
- A58 Students
- A+55 Students
- B-51 Students
- B50 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 28 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Clarkstown North Senior High School
- AClarkstown South Senior High School
- Clarkstown Central School District, NY
- 234 reviews
- ADobbs Ferry High School
- Dobbs Ferry Union Free School District, NY
- 119 reviews
- AHendrick Hudson High School
- Hendrick Hudson Central School District, NY
- 156 reviews
- A+Suffern Senior High School
- Suffern Central School District, NY
- 233 reviews
Clarkstown North Senior High School Reviews
My experience so far at Clarkstown North Senior High School has been amazing. Teachers and staff are unconditionally kind and their good intentions definitely shine through! I feel as though this school has prepared me for future college experiences by exposing me to a rigourous schedule that forces me to focus on time management and organization. Although this school has an overwhelming amount of positive attributes, one aspect of this school that I would like to see change is the music program. Personally, as a member of the school concert band and marching band, I felt as though as a school we could have contributed more to our community as a whole.
I love this school! Before freshman year, I was scared of going into high school because I hated my time at Festa, but since then, I've made so many amazing friends and I've had the chance to go on several trips to places like Yale and Washington D.C. Your experience at North is what you make of it. If you're struggling with a class, attend an extra help or get peer tutoring. Joining clubs is also a great way to meet new people. I have loved most of the teachers I've had at North in the last two years and I know I'll be bawling when I leave after senior year.
Clarkstown North Senior High School is undoubtedly one of the best high schools in New York. This is mainly because of the level of college readiness and academics the school offers. The average act, sat, gpa, and ap scores at CHSN are some of the highest. In addition, the clubs, sports, and culture at North makes the school one of the best. We also have IB courses, SUPA, and at Albany courses, which really help students in getting ready for college. It is also worth mentioning that recently, the school turned an unused classroom into a "senior lounge," where seniors can sit during their lunch periods. On the other hand, the facilities might be considered a little old, and cockroaches can be seen very frequently.