Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Clarkstown North Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in New City, NY. It has 1,285 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
Clarkstown North Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus160 Students
- grade A minus132 Students
- grade A+120 Students
- grade A minus120 Students
- grade A92 Students
- grade A91 Students
- grade A+87 Students
- grade A+85 Students
- grade C+81 Students
- grade A+79 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 43 responses
- Football games and homecoming42%
- Pep rallies16%
- Senior picnic14%
- School musicals and homecoming9%
- Spirit Week9%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 23 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$24,108 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 34 responses
Schools like Clarkstown North Senior High School
- grade A+Clarkstown South Senior High School
- Clarkstown Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.79 out of 5 266 reviews
- grade ADobbs Ferry High School
- Dobbs Ferry Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.67 out of 5 129 reviews
- grade AHendrick Hudson High School
- Hendrick Hudson Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.63 out of 5 173 reviews
- grade ASuffern Senior High School
- Suffern Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.98 out of 5 279 reviews
Clarkstown North Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.82 out of 5 159 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience so far at Clarkstown North Senior High School has been amazing. Teachers and staff are unconditionally kind and their good intentions definitely shine through! I feel as though this school has prepared me for future college experiences by exposing me to a rigourous schedule that forces me to focus on time management and organization. Although this school has an overwhelming amount of positive attributes, one aspect of this school that I would like to see change is the music program. Personally, as a member of the school concert band and marching band, I felt as though as a school we could have contributed more to our community as a whole.
The school is average in my opinion. Some of the teachers are good and others are lazy. The art classes they offer are very diverse and they have a lot of options other classes. They have a lot of AP classes, IB classes, and also dual enrollment as well. The school culture compared to other schools is judgemental and the people are not fun. There is also not really any racial diversity. Most classes are majority white and some poc. They offer a lot of sports they are not particularly good at. The clubs they have are good however many of the clubs if you would like to join them are not made known. They do not usually post the classroom where the clubs are held or the dates to attend.
In my four years of high school, I experienced a lot at North. Not only was it a very good school academically, it is big and has a lot to offer. The school is amazing with sports as well. I appreciate the hard work the administration and teachers put in. They really do a great job. In 4 years I have had many different teachers and I have never had a bad experience with any of them. Awesome school!