Clarkstown North Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-75 Students
- A-64 Students
- A+56 Students
- A-53 Students
- A52 Students
- A+47 Students
- B+41 Students
- C+40 Students
- A+38 Students
- B38 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Clarkstown North Senior High School
- AClarkstown South Senior High School
- Clarkstown Central School District, NY
- 217 reviews
- ADobbs Ferry High School
- Dobbs Ferry Union Free School District, NY
- 112 reviews
- AHendrick Hudson High School
- Hendrick Hudson Central School District, NY
- 148 reviews
- A+Suffern Senior High School
- Ramapo Central School District, NY
- 218 reviews
Clarkstown North Senior High School Reviews
Review Clarkstown North Senior High School
Clarkstown North has a wide array of clubs and activities. However, some of these clubs seldom meet and have any information regarding them and the sports teams are difficult to make because an enormous group of kids try out. 140 KIDS tried out for track and of course I got cut. The teachers are helpful but the English teachers especially are challenging, even at a regular level. Hours of homework and the student body is extraordinarily cliquey. Hard to make friends when fitting in is an issue. Diversity include 70% white people, Jews, Asian-Americans, and a minor percentage of African-American and Latino students. It's difficult to ask for changes because the superintendent and the board don't listen to students. Cockroaches and pollutants rampant.
I love the teachers at my school. They're so invested and attentive towards their students. The facilities are sub-par, but the amazing work put forth by the teachers makes up for it. The sports get a lot of focus and sometimes overshadow the other clubs and teams (Debate etc..), resulting in the latter not getting the attention they deserve. School spirit is primarily shown at sports games. Every morning before a football game, the cheerleaders and marching band march through the halls before class. Our amazing school counselors help prepare you for college early and mostly everyone has some idea of what they want by Sophomore year, but if you don't put any effort in you won't see the same results. Wide variety of clubs, so there is something for everyone. We have a very mixed student body and GSA is a very prominent club. Security is very important and they take threats of violence and any bullying seriously. I'm enjoying my time at North and will look back on it fondly
Clarkstown North High School has definitely demonstrated to me how diversity can be undermined by many in society. While still being a senior at Clarkstown North, I feel like I have not yet gotten the readiness I need in order to attend college next year. The guidance counselors weren't very helpful in the college process, and were hardly ever available to speak with students. The administration has never been understanding towards a student's needs and goals. However, the teachers are always willing to help their students strive in their classes. They are always there for each of their students, even if the student is having difficulties outside of the classroom.