Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Clarkston High School is a highly rated, public school located in Clarkston, MI. It has 1,797 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Clarkston High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A543 Students
- B418 Students
- A+367 Students
- B+312 Students
- B196 Students
- B+167 Students
- B+159 Students
- C+153 Students
- B-114 Students
- B-107 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.43 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.43 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.71 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.78 responses
Schools like Clarkston High School
- A-Milford High School
- Huron Valley Schools, MI
- 201 reviews
- ALake Orion Community High School
- Lake Orion Community Schools, MI
- 461 reviews
- B+Lakeland High School
- Huron Valley Schools, MI
- 225 reviews
- CRenaissance Alternative High School
- Clarkston Community School District, MI
- 4 reviews
Clarkston High School Reviews
Most teachers were very caring and understanding of things that may be going on with a student outside of school. The thing I was concerned about was the gaining credits system for those that were unable to go to school at some points for at home issues. If you tried out a class and it was so hard for you that you were depressed, having suicidal thoughts, or choosing to simply not go to school anymore because of the stress load, they simply would not help you with it. You couldn’t drop out of a class for those reasons, and I found it very disappointing. I know kids who didn’t go to school for months straight because they couldn’t handle the stress of a certain class and the counselors wouldn’t do much about it except give you advice to talk to your teacher to try and stay after school, which a lot of students can’t because of after school activities. This must change!
The teachers at this school are very kind and easy to connect with which makes learning easier. They are very invested in your learning and will push you so that you can succeed. The band program at this school is an amazing program that keeps students engaged and I personally love the music we play, the teachers/ directors and all of the other students playing with me. The CSMTech program at this school is also an amazing opportunity for students. In this program students, like myself, get to use the conceptual and empirical learning that we have integrating it all into projects and more specific courses. The teachers in this program are there to help you and will do anything to help you succeed from staying late to explain something, to reaching out with opportunities to grow your understanding outside of the classroom.
What I like about my school is that it very diverse and full of enjoyment. Even though the school doesn’t have enough budget it has more things then other rich schools has. The education system is 10/10 and I personally learned so much bout real world and being with people who came from different backgrounds and respect them. I’m not regretting going to this school just because it’s not rich and can’t provide us with resources. The school staffs members very welcoming and treated each and every individual with respect. Our counselors team are always there whenever they needed. Most of the students that have graduated from are accepted into a very good colleges. Overall, I’m very pleased and lucky that I’m attending this high school.