Clarkston High School is a highly rated, public, alternative school located in Clarkston, MI. It has 1,893 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Clarkston High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A464 Students
- B378 Students
- A+307 Students
- B+280 Students
- B169 Students
- C+147 Students
- B+142 Students
- B+134 Students
- B-94 Students
- B90 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 198 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.66 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.73 responses
Schools like Clarkston High School
- A-Milford High School
- Huron Valley Schools, MI
- 181 reviews
- ALake Orion Community High School
- Lake Orion Community Schools, MI
- 428 reviews
- B+Lakeland High School
- Huron Valley Schools, MI
- 212 reviews
- CRenaissance Alternative High School
- Clarkston Community School District, MI
- 4 reviews
Clarkston High School Reviews
Most teachers were very caring and understanding of things that may be going on with a student outside of school. The thing I was concerned about was the gaining credits system for those that were unable to go to school at some points for at home issues. If you tried out a class and it was so hard for you that you were depressed, having suicidal thoughts, or choosing to simply not go to school anymore because of the stress load, they simply would not help you with it. You couldn’t drop out of a class for those reasons, and I found it very disappointing. I know kids who didn’t go to school for months straight because they couldn’t handle the stress of a certain class and the counselors wouldn’t do much about it except give you advice to talk to your teacher to try and stay after school, which a lot of students can’t because of after school activities. This must change!
At first, the school seemed like a really rough place. To be honest, I was a little scared to attend this school. However, I came to find out that it was the students that made the school what it was and, let me tell you, they were amazing. This school is very diverse and there are many students that come from all parts of the globe. We had students from Africa, Asia, Europe, South America, and even the middle east. The teachers turned out to be very helpful in preparing me for the next chapter of my life. I am very proud to be an Angora!
I enjoy how involved teachers are in not only my academics, but my personal life as well. The relationship between faculty and students is very strong at Clarkston High School, and I feel as though it contributes largely to my success and amazing experience at CHS. Clarkston Community Schools has given me the opportunity to join clubs, participate in sports, and overall have a strong sense of community. Clarkston High School has also provided me with the resources necessary in order to achieve my goals and become a successful student. For example, CHS provides well thought out core and elective classes that are not offered at most public schools. This allows students to expand their knowledge on different topics. At Clarkston, I have had so many different opportunities to grow and I cannot thank the faculty enough for always giving me the extra boost and encouragement.