Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Clarinda High School is a public school located in Clarinda, IA. It has 281 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Clarinda High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A45 Students
- A41 Students
- B31 Students
- C+25 Students
- B11 Students
- A11 Students
- B11 Students
- B+11 Students
- B-8 Students
- B7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Clarinda High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Clarinda High School
- B-Shenandoah High School
- Shenandoah Community School District, IA
- 105 reviews
- C+Essex Junior/Senior High School
- Essex Community School District, IA
- 8 reviews
- C+Stanton High School
- Stanton Community School District, IA
- 9 reviews
- C-South Page Senior High School
- South Page Community School District, IA
- 4 reviews
Clarinda High School Reviews
I have had very good communication with the teachers concerning my child’s needs. We had a safety concern earlier in the year and when we approached the school about it, they took it vert seriously. I couldn’t ask for anything more. The school offers AP classes, but the support for those classes need to be better. When my daughter would email her instructor with questions, many times it would be over 72 hours before a reply would be given. When she would ask her supervising teacher, they weren’t able to offer much help. This was frustrating for her and she is a high honors student. They have a very strong marching and concert band, plus an incredible theatre program. The vocal music is coming up in strength due to a newer teacher who isn’t afraid to put in the extra effort. Sports have coaches that are able to bring out the most in their athletes and hold them to getting good grades and exhibiting strong character in and out of school.
Clarinda High School is an average school with no diversity. Clarinda needs to be more willing to change and better at accepting new ideas. It would be nice if the school offered more activities, such as archery and special skills clubs.
The thing I enjoyed most about Clarinda High School was that the teachers were always more than willing to help you out if you showed effort. They easily went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure you accomplished your goals. The class sizes were always small, my biggest class in my entire high school career was 35 students. The smallest class I had was 12 students. The community was very easy to live in, and the athletics were very nice as well. When you become a junior, opportunities start to get even better. The high school has a program with the community college where you can take dual credit classes. I took advantage of this and graduated high school with 24 credits, paying only for books. This high school has a lot of upside to it. I would definetly recommend it.