Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
Claremont High School is a highly rated, public school located in Claremont, CA. It has 2,357 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Claremont High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+440 Students
- grade A346 Students
- grade A+322 Students
- grade A316 Students
- grade A+298 Students
- grade B+273 Students
- grade A minus268 Students
- grade A+249 Students
- grade A243 Students
- grade B+226 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade D+
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 65 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 65 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 237 responses
- Football games18%
- Senior sit out6%
- Theatre performances6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 71 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 71 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 71 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 83 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 83 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 83 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,353 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 95 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 95 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 95 responses
Schools like Claremont High School
- grade A+Los Osos High School
- Chaffey Joint Union High School District, CA
- Rating 3.92 out of 5 801 reviews
- grade B+Diamond Ranch High School
- Pomona Unified School District, CA
- Rating 3.68 out of 5 582 reviews
- grade ABrea-Olinda High School
- Brea-Olinda Unified School District, CA
- Rating 3.74 out of 5 404 reviews
- grade AGlendora High School
- Glendora Unified School District, CA
- Rating 3.9 out of 5 471 reviews
Claremont High School Reviews
Rating 3.78 out of 5 584 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Claremont high school is an amazing school to attend. The campus is outdoors, so nature surrounds students. Teachers are caring and respectful towards students their academics and personal life. On campus, there are many interesting clubs, and there are always an opportunity for a student to start a new one!
I've had a very good experience here at Claremont High School. The school culture is definitely average in comparison with other schools, but the main problem is the tendency to dissociate from district transfers even with extracurricular integration. The school does have many pros, however, as it boasts a very active club/activity scene that helps with further engagement and also has a variety of college readiness options including AP, Avid, the IB (international baccalaureate) program and even a Citrus College collaboration to provide college-level courses. All this is offered while also having the proper resources to maintain such programs. The teaching staff is oftentimes a toss-up with most subjects (though all grade levels) having their share of excellent and poor teachers. While things could be improved nothing is exceptionally bad and the extracurricular avenues at the school are very strong as are the advancement opportunities for overachieving students.
Claremont High School is a great school to attend. The campus is outdoors, so students are constantly surrounded by nature. Teachers are very respectful and care about their student’s academic and personal life. In my personal experiences I have noticed that teachers try their best to be inclusive of all students and accomadate to any special classroom needs. Teachers also emphasize respect for fellow classmates and staff. There are many interesting clubs on campus, and there is always a chance for a student to start a new one! There are also great opportunities within some of the electives. I’m great to be apart of this school, and I will miss it when I graduate!