Claremont High School is a highly rated, public school located in Claremont, CA. It has 2,414 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 26 to 1. According to state test scores, 49% of students are at least proficient in math and 78% in reading.
Claremont High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+390 Students
- A306 Students
- A+288 Students
- A275 Students
- A+262 Students
- B248 Students
- A-243 Students
- A+225 Students
- A223 Students
- A-209 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.59 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.59 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.77 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.89 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.89 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.89 responses
Schools like Claremont High School
- ALos Osos High School
- Chaffey Joint Union High School District, CA
- 772 reviews
- B+Diamond Ranch High School
- Pomona Unified School District, CA
- 552 reviews
- ABrea-Olinda High School
- Brea-Olinda Unified School District, CA
- 378 reviews
- AGlendora High School
- Glendora Unified School District, CA
- 438 reviews
Claremont High School Reviews
Claremont High School is a great school to attend. The campus is outdoors, so students are constantly surrounded by nature. Teachers are very respectful and care about their student’s academic and personal life. In my personal experiences I have noticed that teachers try their best to be inclusive of all students and accomadate to any special classroom needs. Teachers also emphasize respect for fellow classmates and staff. There are many interesting clubs on campus, and there is always a chance for a student to start a new one! There are also great opportunities within some of the electives. I’m great to be apart of this school, and I will miss it when I graduate!
If you are a parent looking for an academically enriching school, don’t consider CHS. A good amount of students at CHS have been involved in drugs and drinking. There’s multiple parties with illegal substances that are more dangerous than weed. Almost every party has weed, bongs, ecstasy, etc. The math department is behind on the learning curve and students are failing out of their classes, thereafter getting placed into readiness classes. Therefore, retaking the same course the next school year. The school spirit and positivity has gone downhill. A good amount of the teachers don’t care about their students grasping the material, but they care more about their individual pay. Of course, out of every school there is a decent amount of teachers that genuinely care for their students. Overall, Claremont is most definitely an experience that I won’t forget. As a current student, I wish that my parents would’ve researched more about the school and considered other options.
Claremont High School is great! The best part is the IB Program that they offer, but the kids are insane. Its nice to have the option between AP and IB and the rigor is easy to find. The kids generally score high and go to good schools.