Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Civic Memorial High School is a public school located in Bethalto, IL. It has 754 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Civic Memorial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B127 Students
- B70 Students
- A+44 Students
- B-33 Students
- A-33 Students
- B32 Students
- B28 Students
- B18 Students
- B+17 Students
- B17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Civic Memorial High School
- C+Bunker Hill High School
- Bunker Hill Community Unit School District No. 8, IL
- 33 reviews
- C+Southwestern High School
- Southwestern Community Unit School District No. 9, IL
- 91 reviews
- A-Triad High School
- Triad Community Unit School District No. 2, IL
- 184 reviews
- CRoxana Senior High School
- Roxana Community Unit School District No. 1, IL
- 121 reviews
Civic Memorial High School Reviews
For a relatively small town school, Civic Memorial does pretty well. Academically, the school does decently compared to other schools in the area. The faculty and counselors, from my observation, work hard at preparing students for college and really push it. Sports are normally very hyped in the school and community, particularly football. I, as someone not involved in much besides academics, would call my experience, of two years thus far, above average. It hasn't been excellent nor bad. I believe its most excellent area is the teachers and faculty, as they are usually very supportive, good at teaching (if a teacher) and friendly--unless a student is disrespectful or the like, of course. I think many high schools are similar and all have areas they are good at or can improve on, and it is the same.
Civic Memorial is an all around great school with teachers that know and care about the students success, administration that are involved in the school and always check in with students, and a counseling department that is always in contact with the student and parents, keeping them well updated about important dates and changes made throughout the year. The campus is very safe, and makes the students feel secure. The classes offered are challenging enough for the older students to feel prepared for college and are taught by amazing teachers. The clubs offered are diverse and fun, most of them giving the students a chance to be leaders. The sports teams are lead by amazing coaches that care and show how great the programs are. The school is great and has provided the best four years of my life.
You have to be the right click to fit in here. Teachers are nice but as any school they love to always pick their favorites. Performing arts most of the time are doing way better than sports but don’t get as much credit as they deserve, however this is slowly getting better. Food is awful but as long as you bring your lunch you’ll be fine.