COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
CITY HIGH BEGINS THE HYBRID MODEL For the first time since November, Allegheny County has transitioned to the moderate phase regarding COVID incident & transmission rates. If Allegheny County maintains its moderate rate this week, we’ll be able to begin hybrid on March 2nd. Students that have requested to remain virtual, will be able to do so through the end of the trimester. Learn More
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade unavailable
- Foodgrade A+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A
Discover what we've known all along...technology
is key to learning.
Distance-Learning Preparedness clearly sets City High apart from other schools just discovering what we’ve always known – technology is essential. From FREE laptops, software skills training and certification, to Google Classrooms and tech support to keep them connected.
BUT, technology itself is not enough. So we use breakthrough methods to keep kids engaged, like looping with the same teachers all 4 years, a year ‘round trimester system and longer class hours, college and career mapping, mentored internships, cultural field trips, on-site fitness, extracurriculars and opportunities to earn college credits.
It’s about doing everything we can to keep kids engaged – and learning – so they are prepared for the real world.
No wonder we have a 95% Graduation Rate and 91% Pittsburgh Promise Scholarship Eligibility!
Learn more at cityhigh.org/admissions/
City High is a Tuition-FREE* Public High School—APPLY NOW!
City Charter High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A135 Students
- grade B minus119 Students
- grade B118 Students
- grade B minus102 Students
- grade B minus94 Students
- grade B minus93 Students
- grade A+81 Students
- grade A minus81 Students
- grade C76 Students
- grade A minus73 Students
City High—Career Mapping Makes a Difference
City High students get all the advantages of a technology based, career-focused education. Work-skills Literacy is taught throughout in preparation for the required 13-week mentored internship. Along with career classes, students also learn about Financial Literacy and Entrepreneurship. There’s College & Career Planning for every student, supported by a dedicated Post-High School Planning Team.
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade C+
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 21 responses
- Class trips. Relaxing times to bond with peers.54%
- The end of the day15%
- Robotics CLub8%
- Spring Musical8%
- Drama club4%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 36 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 37 responses