Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Citrus High School is a public school located in Inverness, FL. It has 1,437 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Citrus High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A248 Students
- A+229 Students
- A214 Students
- C192 Students
- A180 Students
- B+117 Students
- B+96 Students
- B+89 Students
- A+88 Students
- B-84 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 63 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Citrus High School Reviews
It’s a wonderful school, and great teachers and staff. They care about the students well being. However, the school overall lacks cleanliness, and needs more sanitizing. The food is good, clubs and activities are outstanding but definitely need more resources for the students!
I transferred to Citrus High School by choice in my sophomore year due to the fact I believed it could provide more opportunities and I was correct. Their curriculum is fairly developed and because of their extracurricular departments, it is a home away from home to many students. As for myself, their AFJROTC program, Unit FL-082, has brought me such joy and pride, I can only hope to leave as much of an impact on the upcoming cadets. A suggestion I would give the school would be to develop the library to be more of an interactive environment in addition to producing a school-wide planner.
As a student attending Citrus High School, its clearly obvious that the teachers thoroughly care about their students and want them to succeed. If they don't understand or need help they will try to help their students as much as possible and offer tutoring. There are various clubs to join and a plethora of sports, as well as the opportunity to perform in an advanced selective group called Breez'. It is a small school and has been a lovely experience so far!