Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Cimarron High School is a public school located in Cimarron, NM. It has 74 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Cimarron High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+29 Students
- B27 Students
- B25 Students
- A-10 Students
- C+10 Students
- A9 Students
- A9 Students
- B-7 Students
- C-7 Students
- A-7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Cimarron High School Reviews
Cimarron High school is a great school with great activities and everyone fits in. While they do need to improve in some aspects like college readiness and could be more organized. The biggest thing is organization, teachers are busy and many of them do more than teach but grading and delivering work could be a little more organized. Google classroom is very unorganized and I never know what grade I have in a class using classroom until the semester is almost over by then it is to late to change the grade.
I attended Cimarron High School for grades 9-12. It is a small school, so in that sense you get to know just about every student and every teacher. The sports programs are top-notch, the school has recently been remodeled to include a large room for online classes, and the town of Cimarron really supports the school. I wish there were more classes available such as foreign languages, speech, drama and orchestra.
I liked that my high school experience was via online, I would go to class and sit on my computer doing work which was very convenient for me. I also appreciated the college readiness the school had to offer through dual-credit classes. I disliked the environment and the teachers there. There was no help even for it being such a small school. Poor support from staff members and students.