Cibola High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A331 Students
- A-324 Students
- B-276 Students
- B+249 Students
- B+82 Students
- A-71 Students
- A64 Students
- A+46 Students
- A+45 Students
- A+32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.36 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.36 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.45 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.58 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.71 responses
Cibola High School Reviews
Review Cibola High School
Cibola is definitely a higher quality school in Yuma county, both academically and visually. It is always looking beautiful with well-maintained plants and brick buildings. The teachers are highly educated ones and are well committed to our learning. Something that could always be improven is the maintenance. The buildings start looking old after a bit, and if the stained pavement can be cleaned up, it'd look much nicer. The extracurricular part of this school is really neat too. I'm part of A.V.I.D. which is a college-readiness program run in many schools nationally. The club has meetings every two weeks, with 2 nice teachers who are willing to give up their time to help our cause. Much respect to the devoted teachers at our school!
I really like this school because of the atmosphere the faculty and students create. The office staff and teachers really make this school what it is and is a main reason why I think it is the best. They are all so helpful, including counselors and the maintenance team, in so many ways. The sports teams are also very good and they make the after school games so much fun to watch. Not only are the teams fairly great, the students have such great school spirit its almost impossible to find open seats during the sporting events. There are also so many different clubs to join, I am an dual sport athlete so all of my free time is dedicated to sports, but my friends who are in the clubs rave about them non stop.
Cibola has policies in place that prevent students from attending class if tardy, average food for lunch, a mix of mostly average teachers with a few who do not know what they are doing and some who are simply remarkable. In appearance the school has a very simple layout and is very plain but this makes it relatively easy to navigate. There is little to do for students during their "free" period as most of the campus is closed if you are not a part of the class. Also, in regards to college the school is not very helpful and though they do try, ultimately, let students down if they do not believe they are worth the effort.