Churubusco Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Churubusco, IN. It has 660 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 49% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Churubusco Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-48 Students
- A+31 Students
- B+29 Students
- A27 Students
- B18 Students
- B-16 Students
- NG13 Students
- B-13 Students
- B+10 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Churubusco Junior/Senior High School
- C+Central Noble Jr.-Sr. High School
- Central Noble Community School Corporation, IN
- 69 reviews
- B-East Noble High School
- East Noble School Corporation, IN
- 150 reviews
- B-Columbia City High School
- Whitley County Consolidated Schools, IN
- 179 reviews
- B+Leo Junior/Senior High School
- East Allen County Schools, IN
- 248 reviews
Churubusco Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Churubusco is a great school overall. Sports and activities are strongly encouraged and pushed on the students. Most teachers are really great and care about the students, with a few exceptions. The coaches tend to be biased and treat certain players differently than other because of family or financial issues. The administration is okay, and I think it gets better every year.
Teachers understand that not every student is a visual learner. Some of us are audible and tactile learners as well. I experience the visual powerpoint, the audible lecture, and the hands-on projects in all of my classes. Well done!
It's a very good school, the teachers all seem to care about the students. I wish that the school was able to be more modern and have adequate funding. They also spend money on weird things instead of things that could be fixed.