Churubusco Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Churubusco, IN. It has 642 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Churubusco Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-53 Students
- A+35 Students
- B+33 Students
- A28 Students
- B20 Students
- B-19 Students
- B15 Students
- NG14 Students
- B+12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Churubusco Junior/Senior High School
- B-Central Noble Jr.-Sr. High School
- Central Noble Community School Corporation, IN
- 74 reviews
- BEast Noble High School
- East Noble School Corporation, IN
- 157 reviews
- C+Columbia City High School
- Whitley County Consolidated Schools, IN
- 191 reviews
- BLeo Junior/Senior High School
- East Allen County Schools, IN
- 259 reviews
Churubusco Junior/Senior High School Reviews
I liked a couple of the teachers at Churubusco and how small the school was but overall the school system is awful and I am a senior in high school and I feel as if not only my school has not prepared me for college at all, but they came up with something called the 'Busco B's' and I feel as if they are treating the middle and high school like elementary kids because they do not know how to handle kids who get in trouble. The principles treat the teachers like crap. I would NEVER recommend anyone to put there children in Churubusco Jr. Sr. High School.
Churubusco is a great school overall. Sports and activities are strongly encouraged and pushed on the students. Most teachers are really great and care about the students, with a few exceptions. The coaches tend to be biased and treat certain players differently than other because of family or financial issues. The administration is okay, and I think it gets better every year.
Teachers understand that not every student is a visual learner. Some of us are audible and tactile learners as well. I experience the visual powerpoint, the audible lecture, and the hands-on projects in all of my classes. Well done!