Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School is an above average, public, charter school located in Chula Vista, CA. It has 1,444 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 29% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A60 Students
- A-56 Students
- A+47 Students
- A42 Students
- A39 Students
- A38 Students
- A+37 Students
- A-31 Students
- A+28 Students
- B-23 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School
- ALiteracy First Charter School
- Public School
- El Cajon, CA
- PK, K-12
- 9 reviews
- NGAcademy of Arts & Sciences - El Cajon Middle/High School
- Mountain Empire Unified School District, CA
- A-The O'Farrell Charter School
- San Diego Unified School District, CA
- 44 reviews
- A-High Tech High Chula Vista
- Public School
- Chula Vista, CA
- 225 reviews
Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School Reviews
I am a CVLCC middle school student, and overall, my experience there has been pretty good. I consider the academics to be of very high standing because all the teachers put very hard work and effort into making sure each student understands the subject they are instructing. Also, since it's a small school, they have more opportunities to get to know each student's individual struggles when it comes to learning. This way, it's easier for teacher's to help student's overcome them. The teachers offer office hours, which is basically free tutoring from your own teacher, and because it's from your teacher, they know what you need help with. However, the extracurricular activties offered are pretty average, and little funds go towards them (besides a few sports), so keep that in mind. Other than that, I have few complaints in regards to the school, and I think it's a great option to consider education wise.
The school is overall well-organized, it is a small campus, therefore mostly everyone knows each other. College readiness is way over the top, teachers encourage students to apply to college, they also encourage the students to take college courses at Southwestern College.
I have had such a good experience in this school; I have been in this school since kindergarten, so I've seen them grow and make changes to satisfy their students each year. The staff here is great, everyone is so welcoming, it's a safe environment, and if I have a question on anything they are there to help me out.