Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Chugiak High School is an above average, public school located in Chugiak, AK. It has 891 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Chugiak High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+203 Students
- B-61 Students
- A53 Students
- B+51 Students
- A-47 Students
- A-37 Students
- A-32 Students
- A-28 Students
- B26 Students
- B26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Chugiak High School Reviews
During my time at Chugiak high school I made a lot of friends with not just students but teachers and faculty too. Every teacher, councilor, and principal has your best interest at heart and are always looking for ways to help you succeed. They offer really good and fun learning courses such as oceanography and business marketing which were two of my favorite classes. I always had help from the staff if they thought something was wrong and they made sure I graduated without any problems. In my opinion Chugiak high school was a great place to get my high school diploma.
I really enjoyed some of my classes. My AP World teacher was excellent! She was very engaging and passionate about her job. Almost everbody passed the AP test with flying colors! Our school has a phenomenal sports program. We are always placing high. However, there are lots of problems with drugs, vandalism, and shooting threats at our school, which really affects overall spirit and attitude towards education. I would love to see this solved.
This school is by far the best the teachers and the staff are all here to help us succeed in our day to day activities at Chugiak High school, you just need to get out there and ask for help if you need it they are all willing to help each and everyone of us. I'm a senior currently attending the Teachers are so nice and one of them has helped me through thick and thin when I needed her the most she helped me move on and get to where I needed to be and the best I can be so did the other teachers that have taught me over the years. Especially in math, I needed the help I could get my math Teacher made sense and went slow in the meanings of what we needed to learn in each lesson that we had everyday she was there to help all of us in the class. So yes I had a good time here :)