Christian County High School is a public school located in Hopkinsville, KY. It has 1,191 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 26% of students are at least proficient in math and 51% in reading.
Christian County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B203 Students
- B-195 Students
- A-176 Students
- C+147 Students
- A-147 Students
- B-66 Students
- B-54 Students
- C+46 Students
- B-42 Students
- B38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Christian County High School Reviews
At Christian County High school I have been given multiple opportunities to find my pathway, make future decisions, and have a great high school experience. At CCHS the administrators always look too better the school and make the school safe. Academically the school as a whole struggles, if students would apply themselves we could easily turn the direction of it around. The teachers have offered me many programs that can prepare me for the college life and life afterwards. Most of the teachers are very supportive and care about the students. Overall, CCHS is a good school, but needs to change the direction it is heading.
My overall experience at Christian County High School was pretty decent. I was very involved with school because I was in band, and I generally wanted to keep my grades up. While in band, I opened up to new experiences and found out what I was passionate about - music. All four years being in band I have made numerous friends, who all love music just as much as I do. I have learned that if words don’t speak, music does. When performing with my peers and eventually playing solos it made me into the fiery, confident percussionist that I am today. On another note, my school provided therapists and guidance counselors to help students in need. I would like to see the no-bully policy and language classes change; no bullying is not enforced as much as it should and there is only one language class, spanish, and many students want more options to choose from.
Compared to the several other schools I have attended, Christian County Highschool students lack motivation, the discipline system is too lose and taken advantage of, and often times students are not aware of the programs and opportunities available to them.