Christa McAuliffe Academy School of Arts and Sciences Reviews

It has changed. They no longer keep a low teacher student ratio, and it is no longer personalized. Without warning, they let go of good teachers who were there from the beginning who used to provide a personalized education. The culture has changed. It is very similar to a K12 or Connections Academy school now.
The personal attention given to my student is making all the difference in his online high school experience. Classes are academically rigorous but are supported with excellent teachers who are readily available to help when needed. The course catalog has enough choices to create an interesting schedule for any student. My student enjoys participating in clubs too, which meet online. Working with CMASAS has been a wonderful experience.
I am starting my senior year at CMASAS. I have been privileged to attend CMASAS since 4th grade. During my time here, I have excelled beyond what I thought possible. I have had unique learning opportunities that I would not have had in another setting. The teachers at CMASAS truly care about their students and make an active effort to be a part of their learning experience and help them achieve their personal and academic goals. Through several self-chosen honors projects, I have been able to study various topics more deeply in a way that is meaningful to me. I am excited to be approaching college and firmly believe I will be well-prepared for this next chapter in my life. At the same time, I will be sad to leave my CMASAS family and faculty mentors.
Start Your Review of Christa McAuliffe Academy School of Arts and Sciences
Christa McAuliffe Academy has great teachers and staff! They really let you personalize your learning and have a loving community.
The best thing about Christa McAuliffe Academy School of Arts and Science is the flexibility that the courses and teachers offer each student. I would never have such high grades if I went to a traditional public school. Most of the teachers will allow you to redo an assignment, quiz, or test, to prove that you know the information. Most schools would not give me another chance to prove that I know the information, they would just make me accept my bad grade.
If you're a driven and independent student who is self-reliant and passionate about learning, Christa McAuliffe is an ideal educational platform. For students who are less intrinsically motivated, the self-paced aspect of the coursework would prove challenging. The personalized nature of the pacing, however, is the very thing that makes the school so appealing to students that prefer an alternative to the standard brick and mortar institution. The educational opportunities, especially in terms of AP and honors courses, rival those at other private schools, and the freedom each student has to choose the kind of education they receive is unparalleled.
BEWARE: they tell you there is a 30 day refund policy if your childceBEWAREssful with there online classes. What they don't tell you is that they don't actually give you 30 days, they give you about 5 days. You must complete an introductory class prior to starting actual classes (which is a joke and a 5 minute quiz) to be placed into actual courses. Once you finish that to be placed, your STUCK. once my child started the online classes, she really struggled because
Teachers are great, very dedicated, easy to contact and always available. The courses are rigorous and lots to choose from. The only problem is that the student has to stay on track on his/her own. The school does not pressure you to get the courses done in any specific time. So if you are a procrastinator, beware!
CMASAS has been really good transferring in from public school. Pacing is all on your own so you have to manage your time but overall I’ve been very happy with the curriculum and the teachers I’ve had are all wonderful!
CMASAS gave me the greatest high school experience I could have asked for! The teachers and faculty work closely with the students to give them the best education they can, tailored to their specific learning needs as well as their interests. Without Mrs. Dolph I wouldn't have made it through my maths and sciences, and Dr. Radachy became somewhat of a mentor to me throughout high school. The course selection is phenomenal, and it's amazing getting to know other students from different parts of the world and completely opposite walks of life (I had an Olympic snowboarder in my homeroom one year). I'll always be doing my best to find ways to get involved with the school as an alumna, and I would definitely recommended CMASAS to anyone looking for a flexible online education.
It's been a great place to work and I love seeing how much the staff truly care about the students and really take action on the personalization model.
As a CMASAS Course Instructor and Personalized Education Coach, I love that our philosophy and purpose is to empower students to find their own paths to their own dreams. Here at CMASAS we strive to create life-long learners and do this by personalizing each and every student's education. I enjoy working in a environment that's so supportive of our student's needs and treats both students and faculty like family.
We love being part of the curriculum development team and being involved with what is taught at CMASAS. As science instructors we know that science moves at a fast pace and often traditional schools are not able to update their curriculum at a pace that most instructors would prefer. At CMASAS we strive to keep our curriculum current and applicable. Not only is textbook information outdated in the brick and mortar model, it is also very limited in a classroom, in how information is presented to the student. At CMASAS, student learning styles are considered first and foremost and we are able to present materials to the student using traditional textbook style reading, audio files, and video presentations. This type of flexible and updated curriculum gives each student the opportunity to learn the material in a way that resonates with them.
As a Personalized Education Coach and course instructor, I have seen first hand the dedication this school has to ensuring the success of every student. The staff works very closely with students to learn more about their needs and we always find creative ways to help students learn and achieve. Every single person on staff is extremely professional and totally dedicated to their work. I love being able to form relationships with students through ongoing meetings, homerooms and more, and I think the power of this is reflected in the many successes we see for students. I have absolute confidence in the ability of everyone on staff to celebrate the uniqueness of each student and to help them shine.
We have the pleasure of working with students as their PEC. As their Personalized Education Coach, we get to help students and families plan out the student’s educational goals. Since our students are middle and high school age, we have the privilege of getting to know the student and their families by discussing college and career plans, mainly in video conferences, and contemplating current activities and goals they are involved in at the time, like sports competitions and artistic endeavors such as music and dance. This gives the entire family the feeling of being connected that is not found in the traditional classroom.
As course instructors, we participate in personalizing lessons for the individual student based on their learning style, their education goals, and their current lifestyle; something that we could never do in a brick and mortar school or a traditional classroom set-up. The individual attention that we can give each student enables each one to come away from every lesson feeling like they know the material. The student has the flexibility of presenting what they have learned to their instructors in both traditional and non-traditional ways, and that reinforces the lesson for the student, leaving a greater probability that the information stays with the student far longer than the course.
I work as a PEC and Elementary Instructor and have enjoyed working with many families from all over the world! I feel that CMASAS offers a great opportunity for students to learn at their own pace, at their individual skill level, with caring staff. There are many options available for curriculum and students have the chance to work with their instructors to customize their assignments in order to show their best understanding of the content they are learning.
Start Your Review of Christa McAuliffe Academy School of Arts and Sciences
As a PEC and course instructor at CMASAS, I feel that our students have the best personalization standards of any online school. CMASAS caters to STUDENTS and their individual needs, which means courses can be personalized and changed to meet the needs of the student. The broad range of courses and flexibility that teachers have throughout the day to meet with students, means students are always put first. I would recommend CMASAS to any student who is searching for a school that understands them and wants to put their all into creating a course plan that meets their individual needs.
CMASAS is a small, very personalized school. The Staff knows your name and your story and all about your education (or what you have shared with us.)
You are not treated like a number. In many cases, you become a part of the CMASAS family.
Christa McAuliffe Academy School of Arts and Sciences was an amazing school, that was perfect for me! Lots of clubs to join and amazing knowledgeable teachers! The variety of classes to choose from is great!