Choteau High School is a highly rated, public school located in Choteau, MT. It has 124 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Choteau High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+30 Students
- B-15 Students
- B+11 Students
- B-9 Students
- C7 Students
- B4 Students
- B4 Students
- A+4 Students
- B3 Students
- A+3 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Choteau High School Reviews
The best part of Choteau High School is that the it is a very strict school that keeps students focused on learning and less about other unneeded activities. There are strict rules about phone use and illegal substances. These are great implications to have at a school. The other great thing about this high school is it has amazing home-cooked meals for all students. The school has some good, but it needs to adapt better with the times and ways of learning. It is stuck in the old way of teaching and has not adapted much in types of leaning or technology. Adding new ways of learning that make the students to be more responsible for themselves is something that is needed. The teachers do too much and do not do the best job of being adaptive. There also needs to be more technology upgrades in this school, the world is run by technology so keeping kids up to date needs to be important.
Choteau High School has many great, caring teachers. There are many opportunities to be involved in extracurricular activities also. The atmosphere at Choteau High School is very welcoming. Additionally, there are various choices in accelerated courses that helped me in furthering my education.
Choteau High School has a very rich and warm atmosphere about it. The administration and teachers push the students to do their very best in all areas of academics, sports, and clubs and activities. The students also strive to do well and attain good grades.