Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesD+
Choctaw High School is a public school located in Choctaw, OK. It has 1,654 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 24% of students are at least proficient in math and 51% in reading.
Choctaw High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A427 Students
- B421 Students
- A330 Students
- C+286 Students
- C183 Students
- B156 Students
- B+150 Students
- B120 Students
- A68 Students
- B65 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Choctaw High School Reviews
So many wonderful opportunities, from electives, to clubs and sports. It’s SO easy to get involved within the school if you put yourself out there! I would like to see change in the diversity and inclusivity of the student body... and Its apparent that numerous organizations within the school are trying very hard to make it happen and kickstart excellence! The teachers and administrators are AWESOME, like anywhere there are some teachers who aren’t the student favorite but the majority of teachers and administrators want the absolute best of all students! All together it’s up to each student to make their experience at Choctaw High School amazing! If you are willing to be vulnerable and insert yourself in activities and clubs and extracurricular activities then you will have an amazing time! All the tools are there it’s up to us to utilize them and make ourselves successful!
My kids attended and graduated from Choctaw High School. As a parent, I've been very pleased and satisified with my childrens academics and extracurricular activities. There are many clubs, sports, fine arts and activities to choose from to remain active. My daughter attended AP courses that challenged her with rigorous academics. She completed the Biomedical program which prepared her for college. My son attended regular classes and struggled with the academics. His teacher's provided tutoring before and after school, gave him extra attention during class; while providing him with extra supplies and programs (software) to help finish his assignments or projects. Most teacher's were strict with academics, discipline, and expected their studets to be independent. Teachers were kind and truely invested in their students academics. School campus is well maintained. Great experience at CHS!!!
Choctaw High School is a school that everybody knows somebody and you will probably have your parents teachers that they had when they were in school. The teachers are nice and will help you pass the class if you have trouble. The school has many clubs you can join and they have a variety of sports if your into that. I have been in a few organizations throughout my years there. All of my teachers have been friendly and kind when I see them in the halls. The city of Choctaw is growing, but when you enter the school it still feels like a small town that it used to be. I just wish they would offer more electives other than sports because not everyone wants to take a sport or be in the band. That's the only reason I gave a 4 star review.