Choctaw County High School is a public school located in Butler, AL. It has 352 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-60 Students
- B52 Students
- B51 Students
- A49 Students
- C-43 Students
- C-32 Students
- A25 Students
- B24 Students
- B21 Students
- B20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Choctaw County High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Choctaw County High School Reviews
I love my school! I hate the way people down my school , because if you've never attended it you wouldn't understand. People on the outside make it seem like we are horrible; when in reality we are just one big family , & every family is a bit dysfunctional! I'm a female student-athlete , emphasis on the student! I maintain a 3.8-4.0 GPA while juggling two athletics. I love my teammates & coaches they're like my sisters and i'm grateful to have them. My teachers & coaches I adore them ,because they care. They want us all to succeed they believe in us when we don't bell in or self! Our administration is the bomb! I LOVE MY CCHS , once a tiger ALWAYS a tiger!
The school was very good I personally loved Choctaw County High School.My school had a lot of school pride we also boosted each other confidence. Our teachers there supported us and help prepare us for our future after high school.
I am a Senior at Choctaw County High School. Every since 7th grade I knew that the staff and faculty wanted the best for me.Every school has its mess but I love the way everyone can still come together to form a union. There are two things I would like to change the first is the lunch. Some days it is ok but most it is terrible. I wish we had the funds to have variety lunch options. The other thing I would like to change is how unorganized some things are. As Seniors we don’t know what time a speaker wants to see us because the office tells us 10 and the teachers tell us 9. Besides those changes there are really no changes I would make to my High School. Choctaw County High School.