Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Boarding (Tuition + Boarding)
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Choate Rosemary Hall Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+107 Students
- A+96 Students
- A+88 Students
- A+81 Students
- A+79 Students
- A+77 Students
- A+72 Students
- A+67 Students
- A+62 Students
- A+60 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Choate Rosemary Hall Reviews
Choate Rosemary Hall is a really fun boarding school overall. It’s administration continues to build new facilities for students to explore, most recently St. John Hall. It’s been really useful for Clubs and leisure as well as studying. Sometimes, their facilities aren’t utilized very often, so it could be a bad return on investment. The safety is also a concern, since Choate is on a prominent crossroad in its town with a lot of traffic.
Great private school. More relaxed and friendlier than the other New England private schools, but just as rigorous. Great teachers and really interesting classes. They are continually doing construction to improve the school so it will only get better with time. The food is leagues better than public school, but it gets tiring after awhile. Some of the classes can be boring or unnecessarily difficult and there will be late nights, along with the occasional really early night because you have almost no homework. Overall, one of the best New England schools.
As a kid from the Midwest that grew up going to Public Schools, I can honestly say that going Choate will provide you with experiences and opportunities that you couldn't find anywhere else. The teachers and the rest of the faculty truly care about giving their students the opportunity to learn while making to relate to them on a personal level as well. Most of all the school does its best to make sure that its students succeed in preparing not only for college but life in general.