Chickasha High School is a public school located in Chickasha, OK. It has 678 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Chickasha High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A172 Students
- A134 Students
- B128 Students
- B-75 Students
- C71 Students
- B-71 Students
- C+56 Students
- B+55 Students
- B-36 Students
- B36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Chickasha High School Reviews
I had a overall, "OK" experience. Mostly all great teachers, excluding a few, but that comes with all schools. Has terrible counselors that try to stop students from expressing them self's and even got on to students for speeding in school, I didn't think I was speeding, but one of my counselors thought I was, so I had a day of In School Suspension (ISR). Great sports programs, Football, basketball, baseball, softball, etc. Lunch is terrible, the school food in my opinion is disgusting, they do let us leave campus for lunch, that being said, we only have 35 minutes to get their in back. I say that they should give us more time for lunch and pull back on the restrictions for the school system
I have learned a lot in the past 4 years at Chickasha High School. The school has provided me with teachers that care about how they affect the kids they have in their classroom and teachers that want us to be great; I haven't had a bad teacher. I have a great counselor who provides excellent assistance and allows me to come in at any time and talk about what I want in my future. We did have some troubles with a school principal one year ago, but we have now hired new principals who have established that they are dedicated to progress and success within the school. Another experience that wasn't the best was the sports experience. In my four years we didn't have much success on our basketball team, though I did learn a lot. Chickasha High School provides a good environment for kids to learn and prosper.
I have lived in Chickasha most of my life. The schools here are not the best, but everyone does what they can to make it work. All we want here in Chickasha is to see everyone succeed and achieve their goals. The main thing I would like to see change in Chickasha Public Schools is there feelings towards sports. The only sport in our school that gets the most attention is football, which is not fair to all the other sports that work just as hard.