COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
The Chicago Waldorf School is offering a hybrid model, with both in-person and remote learning, as well as a full remote learning model. Click 'learn more' to view our full reopening plan and contact our enrollment director with any inquiries! Learn More
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Sportsgrade B minus
The Chicago Waldorf School offers a developmentally appropriate, experiential, and academically rigorous approach to pre-K through 12 education.
The arts are integrated with all academic disciplines for children from preschool through 12th grade to enhance and enrich learning. Waldorf education aims to inspire life-long learning in all students and to enable them to fully develop their unique capacities.
Teachers in Waldorf schools are dedicated to generating an inner enthusiasm for learning within every child. This eliminates the need for competitive testing, academic placement, and reward-motivated learning and allows motivation to arise from within. It helps engender the capacity for joyful, life-long learning. Through an experiential, hands-on educational model, CWS students cultivate their intellectual, emotional, physical and spiritual capacities to be individuals certain of their paths and to be of service to the world.
Chicago Waldorf School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus13 Students
- grade A+13 Students
- grade A minus10 Students
- grade A+10 Students
- grade A+10 Students
- grade A minus9 Students
- grade A+9 Students
- grade B+8 Students
- grade A minus8 Students
- grade B+7 Students
Education Beyond the Classroom
We are big believers in getting kids outside to interact with their surroundings and community. Fresh air and exercise are important aspects, but students learn a tremendous amount from the natural world. Outside is a place of doing, observing, and interacting. Frequent class trips and service-learning opportunities further strengthen the bonds between classmates and between students and teachers.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
- Holiday Fair46%
- May Fair31%
- The yearly high school service learning trip23%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 6 responses
- Offers Full WeekYes
- Offers Part WeekYes
- Offers Full DayYes
- Offers Part DayYes
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 7 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 5 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade C+