Cheverus High School is a top rated, private, Catholic school located in Portland, ME. It has 471 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. Tuition is $18,070 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 98% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Cheverus High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+91 Students
- A+70 Students
- A+53 Students
- A+42 Students
- A+38 Students
- B38 Students
- A-37 Students
- A36 Students
- A+33 Students
- A-33 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Cheverus High School Reviews
We have a son and daughter at Cheverus. Both love it there and are actively engaged in academics, sports, and co-currivular activites. The school is safe, faculty are very supportive of students, and the administration is superb. Sports are a big part of the Cheverus experience, with many teams winning state championships. There is something for everyone at Cheverus!
I attended cheverus for four years in order to prepare for college and to receive the best education possible for me. Although the price is steep, the payoff is excellent, as I got into more schools and received more money than I would have had I attended a different high school in my opinion. The academics are excellent, with many different course offerings. Most teachers are great. The sense of community is what really makes Cheverus stand out to me though. Alumni involvement, parent involvement, and student involvement in clubs and activities and academics at Cheverus is exemplary, and something I will never forget.
Cheverus provides a nurturing and welcoming learning community for a diverse student population from all around Maine. It is hard to imagine a faculty that is more talented, dedicated and mission-driven than the Cheverus faculty - who care deeply about the personal development and formation of each and every student. The focus upon social justice and responding to the needs of others cultivates a sense of responsibility and care and concern for one's neighbors in all to the students. Cheverus provides students with valuable leadership opportunities that will help students succeed in college and in life.