Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Chesnee High School is an above average, public school located in Chesnee, SC. It has 647 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Chesnee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B116 Students
- A96 Students
- A72 Students
- C+67 Students
- B+65 Students
- B-50 Students
- B+48 Students
- A-47 Students
- C+42 Students
- B40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Chesnee High School
- BBoiling Springs High School
- Spartanburg County School District No. 2, SC
- 416 reviews
- BBroome High School
- Spartanburg County School District No. 3, SC
- 170 reviews
- A-Chapman High School
- Spartanburg County School District No. 1, SC
- 109 reviews
- BEast Rutherford High School
- Rutherford County Schools, NC
- 71 reviews
Chesnee High School Reviews
I loved Chesnee High School! They were always willing to help and very understanding of my situation. The teachers are just wonderful and actually care about you. I feel like I was prepared for college in the fact that the teachers always made sure you reached your full potential. They pushed you to the limit. When all the school shootings were happening and students were starting to feel unsafe, our police officer was always there to make sure everyone was okay. We prayed for one another, we lifted each other up, and the best of all is that you will always have a place to call home. I am glad that I graduated from this close netted, caring, and inspiring school. Even the janitors knew everyone by name!
The faculty of this school is very supportive of student led activities. Also, many members of the staff genuinely care for their students. This school pushes their students to success like no other!
At Chesnee High I walk into the building and immediately welcomed by teachers. They care about you and how you feel. Education and your well-being are both equally important. They go above and beyond to make sure not only you learn what you need, but they make sure you know how to apply it to your life. They help you become succesful. I have learned more at Chesnee High than I would have at any other school. The reasoning behind the previous statment is the teachers respect me so it makes me want to respect them. When there is mutual respect it makes learning easier and fun.