COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
PLEASE NOTE: The Cheshire Academy campus is open to students, employees, and invited guests. Please contact the admission office prior to arrive on campus to visit. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade A+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Sportsgrade A
Founded in 1794, Cheshire Academy is a college-preparatory boarding and day school for students in grades 9-12 plus Postgraduate (PG). The historic 104-acre campus is nestled in the bucolic but central town of Cheshire, CT, just two hours drive from both Boston and New York. With approximately 344 students from 19 states and 31 countries, the Academy takes a flexible and tailored approach, allowing students to combine a variety of academic and extracurricular oﬀerings optimal to their individual needs, strengths, and interests. Key offerings include our Art Major Program, Roxbury Academic Support Program and the International Baccalaureate Program. And with just over 20 interscholastic athletic teams, 10 non-competitive offerings, many performing and visual arts options, there’s a passion to be uncovered for all students.
Cheshire Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+42 Students
- grade A41 Students
- grade A+36 Students
- grade A+32 Students
- grade A+28 Students
- grade A+25 Students
- grade A25 Students
- grade A+23 Students
- grade B23 Students
- grade A+23 Students
Academic Vision: Cheshire Academy students grow increasingly capable of independently observing, questioning, explaining, interpreting, and analyzing the world. Our academic process starts with what students know and want to know, and develops active learners who reflect on their growth and the implications of their learning.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 31 responses
- Fall/Spring Fling21%
- Spirit Week19%
- international weekend16%
- Color Wars8%
- Winter musical and concerts7%
- community service weekend for charity5%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 33 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 30 responses
Cheshire Academy Reviews
My eldest was recruited by several other prestigious boarding schools, but once we visited CA we knew it was the absolute perfect fit for us. CA not only has rigorous academic programs, excellent sports and music/arts programs, its student body is ethnically, academically and socially diverse which was a very important factor for our family. We were not at all interested in sending our children to a school that felt like country club with little diversity.
My younger child had more challenges to overcome than his older sister. CA went above and beyond supporting him academically and was instrumental in deeply developing his passion and talent for music.
We couldn't be happier with CA!