Chesapeake High School is a public school located in Chesapeake, OH. It has 372 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Chesapeake High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-99 Students
- A+50 Students
- A-39 Students
- C+33 Students
- C25 Students
- B-22 Students
- A21 Students
- A-20 Students
- A-15 Students
- B+15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Chesapeake High School
- B-Cabell Midland High School
- Cabell County Schools, WV
- 171 reviews
- C+Boyd County High School
- Boyd County Public Schools, KY
- 100 reviews
- C-Spring Valley High School
- Wayne County Schools, WV
- 77 reviews
- C+Ironton High School
- Ironton City School District, OH
- 45 reviews
Chesapeake High School Reviews
The staff at Chesapeake High School truly cares about their students. The principal takes pride in his students, and he really wants us all to succeed. Chesapeake is one big family and we all come together when we really need to and where it counts.
Would love to see more AP classes offered. Teachers are very friendly and understandable. Improvements are constantly being made in the school to ensure the students have the best opportunities possible.
Chesapeake High School is a school of variety. There are hard teachers and more simple ones. Chesapeake has a great football team and a loud and proud student section for every game. The building is kept clean and clear of litter.