Cherryville High School is a public school located in Cherryville, NC. It has 537 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Cherryville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B76 Students
- B+63 Students
- A-57 Students
- B48 Students
- A+38 Students
- B+34 Students
- C+34 Students
- A+34 Students
- B+25 Students
- C+23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Cherryville High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Cherryville High School Reviews
Cherryville High school was where I made myself. Since it was a small school, I knew everyone, including their business. There are many great things about a small town school including a close-knit group, receiving advanced technology in every classroom, and unique classes. Some other things like budget cuts for repairing buildings, money grants going to not so needed programs, (ex: football) when it could go to better food choices at lunch. Overall, the high school experience has been fulfilled for me. I loved my four years here!
This school has amazing teachers and staff that will help you get through any problem they may have. While they do not have many choices for clubs, the clubs they do have are amazing and help the students get through their school year by adding in a bit of fun to all the seriousness. Administration and counseling do everything they can to help prepare you for college and get accepted to the university of your dreams. The school even offers career and college promise classes, which is where the school pays for you to take a class through Gaston Community College.
I like Cherryville High School because the teachers are great and I have learned an abundance of information from their wisdom and teaching. The administrators are always able to keep everything under control so I always feel safe whenever I am at school. Overall, Cherryville is a great school the ultimately prepares each student for what they are going to face in college.