Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Cherry Hill High School West is an above average, public school located in Cherry Hill, NJ. It has 1,327 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
Cherry Hill High School West Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+236 Students
- grade A180 Students
- grade A minus119 Students
- grade B112 Students
- grade B107 Students
- grade A minus107 Students
- grade A minus102 Students
- grade C96 Students
- grade B90 Students
- grade A86 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade D+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 52 responses
- Spirit Week33%
- Football Games17%
- Music concerts spring,fall and winter13%
- Choir Concerts10%
- Pep rallies4%
- Spirit Week4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$19,118 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 32 responses
Schools like Cherry Hill High School West
- grade ACherry Hill High School East
- Cherry Hill School District, NJ
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 434 reviews
- grade CAcademy Park High School
- Southeast Delco School District, PA
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 226 reviews
- grade B+Timber Creek Regional High School
- Black Horse Pike Regional School District, NJ
- Rating 3.81 out of 5 252 reviews
- grade B+Burlington Township High School
- Burlington Township Board of Education, NJ
- Rating 3.7 out of 5 423 reviews
Cherry Hill High School West Reviews
Rating 3.67 out of 5 226 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
West is a great school built on the foundation of a friendly and welcoming community. While it is not the cleanest school in the world, it gives off a warm and inviting feeling that excites me to go back every day. The staff is fantastic are always willing to help out in any way possible, beyond just within the classroom. Moreover, the extracurriculars offered are vast and exciting and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time as part of the Music and Theatre Department. Overall, Cherry Hill High School West is a phenomenal school that anyone living in the area should highly consider attending... or even just going to one of their public events!
What I liked about Cherry Hill High School West was the slight it had with being a high school student. I liked that there were teachers who truly did care about the students and made my days better simply by listening. I overall liked what I was feeling during my high school days, a feeling of safety. Where I don’t have to deal with the big things, now it’s only nostalgia that I feel. Something I would love to change is how African American History is taught at the school. All there was to do in the course was re learn the same black heroes every year and watch a popular black movie about slaves. It felt insensitive of the teachers to not put time into something needed for black students.
My experience at Cherry Hill High School West was overall a good one. I had great teachers throughout my years there and an amazing guidance counselor that I went to for any and everything. Our sports teams weren't the best overall, but the kids who joined sports teams including myself really enjoyed it and built very strong bonds with our teammates and coaches. It has been almost 3 years since I graduated from cherry hill west so a lot may have already changed since the last time I was there, but one thing that they could have improved on was the heating and air conditioning systems throughout the year.