Cherokee High School is an above average, public school located in Canton, GA. It has 2,708 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
Cherokee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B405 Students
- A+387 Students
- B262 Students
- B+221 Students
- C+130 Students
- A126 Students
- A126 Students
- B+125 Students
- B122 Students
- A+121 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.39 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.39 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 136 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.61 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.68 responses
Cherokee High School Reviews
My time at Cherokee has been nothing but spectacular! All of my teachers have shown true amounts of dedication to educate every student they come across. The variety of clubs allows a very high percentage of students to find an extracurricular activity easily. Our school is incredibly diverse, as multitudes of Hispanic, Asian, African Americans, and Caucasian students fill these halls every day. Safety is a priority for Cherokee, as the front door is locked without proper identification and we have 2 school officers inside our campus. The only issue I would have with my school is the facilities, as we have a minor problem with keeping some areas clean with rare chances of finding bugs, but still finding them from time to time. To conclude, Cherokee High School is a school I'm proud to say I've been enrolled in for 4 strong years!
This school has great resources for students! There are some really amazing teachers here. The art department is AMAZING. There are many clubs here, which is a way teachers are connecting with their students. Some of the teachers here really want to see their students succeed.
I really enjoyed attending Cherokee High School. They really care about their students! However, one thing I would like to see change is students being more accepted. That is a hard thing but maybe having more assembly’s on the way we treat others would be helpful.