Chenango Forks High School
- BINGHAMTON, NY
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade A
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Chenango Forks High School is an above average, public school located in BINGHAMTON, NY. It has 470 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Chenango Forks High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C+75 Students
- grade A minus65 Students
- grade A+31 Students
- grade A30 Students
- grade B+26 Students
- grade B+25 Students
- grade B minus24 Students
- grade B23 Students
- grade A minus21 Students
- grade C+20 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Chenango Forks High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responses
- Talent Show16%
- The Grecian Sing and the Coffee House talent shows16%
- Pep rally11%
- Spring musicals11%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 8 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$27,027 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 16 responses
Schools like Chenango Forks High School
- grade B+Chenango Valley High School
- Chenango Valley Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.67 out of 5 36 reviews
- grade C+Newark Valley Senior High School
- Newark Valley Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.83 out of 5 71 reviews
- grade A minusWindsor Central High School
- Windsor Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.79 out of 5 105 reviews
- grade A minusMaine-Endwell Senior High School
- Maine-Endwell Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.82 out of 5 119 reviews
Chenango Forks High School Reviews
Rating 3.64 out of 5 77 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Chenango Forks high school is a school full of amazing teachers and numerous opportunities! The janitors are the kindest individuals and it’s a united community. The food is also amazing! Something thing I’d change is the quality of the bathrooms. There’s constantly water on the floor and many doors are missing locks. Also, there could be more support towards the musical department; that department seems to get the leftover funds from football. Another thing we could work on is the allowance of more clubs. Lastly, we have a lack of diversity, which sometimes leads to students being negative towards other races or ethnicities. There’s definitely some balance needed in where our money goes, but it is a great school!
Chenango Forks has the worst administration team; they made up an attendance policy at the end of the year then got in trouble for it because it was not approved by the board. Board meetings are pretty much held in secrete and nothing productive gets done around the school other than passing a project that costs millions-that the school doesn't need! I was also once yelled at for wearing a shirt that said burn the bras, which is obviously a woman's rights movement shirt that the administration( head aid) was too uneducated to understand. I would definitely go to a different school if I could do it again.
For the first few years of high school, Chenango Forks was quite outstanding. Classes were great fun and teachers were some of the best that I've ever known. However, that changed somewhat in my junior year, and more in my senior year. The administration of the school has little to no care for the wellbeing of students with disabilities or from hardship-laden backgrounds. It pains me to speak poorly of this school when so many others were kind.